Guys vs Girls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Reaction score
Excuse me for saying this, but I'm a guy, and I've heard that most soapers are girls, is that right?

I think there are a hand full of men here, that I see post regularly.

Good question, I've wondered myself.

There are more women than men that make soap, yes. With that being said, we have some very successful and creative male soapers in our midts. I am sure they will be by any moment to say hello.

Guy here.
I find many more women than men participating in the hobbies I have had except cycling and there's an increasing number of women in that sport.
My first ever crafty thing was at the YMCA when in the 3rd grade. Made my mom a basket that is still in use these many years later. Since then I have been involved in umpteen hobbies that I enjoyed with varying degrees of success. I'm still trying to find the one that hooks me for life.

another guy here! :) i've been soaping for about 10 years now and finally convinced my wife to join me in doing craft fairs in this area. she now enjoys it as much as i do and we look forward to retirement so we can spend more time soaping!!

Male :D

IMG_3386.JPG

Bigmoose said:
Another guy here and most of my sales are soaps for guys.

Bruce

see the more and more i think of actually selling soap (maybe my goal in 2011)... the more I want to do custom high-end shave soaps and different manly bath products catered to the upscale male lifestyle :)

I LOVE seeing all the guys in here!

My hubby is known on soap forums as "Soapmaker maker' (cuz he created (with my help) the SoapMaker program)....and he knows at least as much about soapmaking as I do (although he prefers to leave the greasy work to me, keeping his adept fingers clean for the keyboard, hehe) where he spends hours each day in conversation with many of his customers (I keep a wary eye on this....)

Back