Greetings!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CP_soapery

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Belle and I'm new to SMF. My husband and I make soap together, and are still new at it, but we are getting the knack. I am really looking forward to getting to know you guys, learning new tricks and sharing some as well. We like cold process, but haven't really tried any of the others. We really enjoy the science in CP, and the math (well he likes the math :/ ) lol

Just wanted to say hello! Can't wait to hear back and meet some new soaping friends!

Have a great day!

Hello!! :wave:

I'm new here too. It's a great place! It's a treasure trove of information and the people here are SO nice and friendly and helpful beyond belief. It's the jewel of the internet. :)

I'm new here too (well maybe for a week or two have been really on here?) and I'm envious that your DH will soap with you! I think mine might like it if I were to get him to try a batch with me...but then on the other hand who will watch the kids and keep them away from the danger?!

I haven't soaped in ages and ages and am excited to do it again but every time I have time to order the ingredients (to be picked up locally), the stores have closed. :sad: Hopefully soon!

I always feel strange saying "welcome" when I'm new myself but oh well - welcome!!! :-D

Thanks for the reply ladies, and hello to you all! Yeah, Marya, it is definitely nice that he's into it too. Plus I can't math to save my life, so having him around helps bunches, and I'm sure you know it takes at least 4 hands to make it all work without the mess and stress of lone wolf soaping :)

But I will say I'm getting the hang of it on my own, since he's not always around when I get the urge. You should get some masculine smells for DH and tell him he can help you make one with him in mind. Then it will be sufficiently manly for him lol We used Black for Men type FO and it's wonderful! It's the kind that makes you think, "C'mere you sexy beast" LOL well I thought so anyway :p

My husband refuses to wear cologne which makes me mad cause I love a good cologne!

I've bought a few of the manly ones in the past which I used for candle scents - haven't used one on soaps yet. I used them all up actually cause I think those cologne-smelling scents smell better than a lot of other fragrance oils. At least with regard to candles. Both men and women seem to like them in candles. I guess because of their earthy qualities and who doesn't like an earthy candle?!

Welcome! My husband is a numbers guy, and that's the only part of soapmaking that interests him-aside of the endless supply of soaps he gets to try out. :)

Liz I wish I could keep up with that part it's always such a chore to do one alone, but I like the independence too. He did make a cool Excel template for me that resizes etc. to make it easier for me. it helps that he's also a tech guy :D

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Welcome. You won't meet a friendlier and more helpful group of people anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Yeah my husband is thankfully a numbers guy too. When I've made candles (or even some recipes) that need adjusting, he's the guy who does the math. I feel absolutely useless in this dept!

I also am challenged in certain spacial ways. E.g. before I used youtube as much as I do now, he used to have to line my molds for me cause I'd always screw it up. Wow... what's wrong with me?!!! :lol:

That said, he can't play an instrument or make good food like I can so I guess we all have our talents, right?!

LOL yes ma'am that's about right. My problem with molds is that i can't cut a straight line to save my life. Then I started leaving off the side of my mold while I line it and just do that side last (DH made the mold for me so one side just screws off when we unmold the soap). That helped a lot because I could get my hand down in it better. Much less headache :smile:

Latest posts

Back