Great Book

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that info Milla.

Since the book is out of print, you wouldn't believe some of the prices I saw out there for it - up to $163 !!! Happily, I was able to find it at face value.

I could have made copies or kept renewing the library copy, but thought I'd like to own it myself. :)

It is too bad that the other book is not in any library system. Thanks for checking LJA.

Jude

AWWGGHH! So disappointed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just received an email from the book company that Handcrafted Soap is no longer available. :(

I knew it was too good to be true. Off to the photocopier.

Jude

OMG!! I saw what people were charging for it! Too bad about your book. Thank goodness for libraries! Mine is right by my house so I can check it out whenever.

If I thought I could live with the guilt, I'd just "lose" the book and then pay the library for it.

But....it would probably carry a curse on it!! :lol:

Jude

heyjude said:
If I thought I could live with the guilt, I'd just "lose" the book and then pay the library for it.

Jude

ROTFL....you're so going to hell now... :wink:

heyjude said:

Jude

:lol: :lol: Yep the case of the cursed soap book and the soapmaker who "lost it " .

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get that at my library first.

I use liquid soap in my powder room and kitchen and would love to make my own some day. :)

Jude

Dixie said:
Milla let me know if the authors sign your book. They did mine....thought that was interesting.

Got my book today already and it was signed! Haven't had time to look through it. Lots of different stuff!

From my experience - I tried to order stuff from the States to my country - it was like 4 oz of non-bleeding colour and a book they wanted $12-00 for postage. When I changed the order to just the 4oz of colour they still wanted $12-00. So I think it may be a standard rate. Plus Amazon wont ship via the the National Postal Service here and so you have to go through a courier (4 times as expensive). Very inconvenient way to shop! Maybe we could get the authors to put up a printable Electronic version and we pay via credit card and just print a copy without having to go the snail mail route!

I think that this book is still so new that libraries aren't aware of it or just haven't purchased it yet. It only came out maybe 6 months ago.

Got this book for Christmas, although I don't do B&B I cannot comment on that section. I have to say I was very disappointed at what I got out of it for the money I spent.

ohsoap said:
Got this book for Christmas, although I don't do B&B I cannot comment on that section. I have to say I was very disappointed at what I got out of it for the money I spent.

I agree completely.

I have only bought one book on soap making so far. It is 'soap naturally' by Patrizia Garzena and Marina Tadiello. I paid 36 euro including postage to Ireland. It was well worth the money. I've learnt loads from it.

I own one soapmaking book, and at the moment I can't even remember the name of it.
But, knowing what I know now about soapmaking, versus what I knew when I first started, being an active member of a forum just like this really is the best way to learn.
You get other's peoples advice, you make a mistake, you come and tell someone, and they 've been there done that, and then you know what you've done wrong and how to avoid doing it again.
You can't get that from a book!

Latest posts

Back