Greasy aerated CPOP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've only been CPOPping in the past two months because it's winter here. But what I have noticed (particularly with cavity moulds) is that the soap tops and mold surrounds tend to get very greasy. It does reabsorb after unmolding and sitting for a day, but it also seems to change the consistency of the soap - still hard in the mold, but more 'aerated'? Not a nice slick finish on turning out of the mold. I almost wonder if I let them get to hot and they were starting to boil??
I've attached pics of two different batches to better describe what I mean. The first two pics are my recent batch which i'm just unmolding now, and the last two pics are of a batch that is now a couple weeks into cure (but they were slick and greasy after CPOP too):
IMG_1229.jpeg IMG_1230.jpeg IMG_1231.jpg IMG_1232.jpg

I would say its getting too hot, not boiling but hot enough to.come close to separating.

Next time, try to lower the temps some. You can also open the oven and cool the soap quickly once you've seen that they are in full gel.

Latest posts

Back