Good & Bad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
Life is full of good & bad

We've recently had some bad - Yesterday we dropped off my sons SUV for new front tires, when I went to pick it up 2 hours later the car hadn't moved. Sears had misplaced the ticket and the keys. The manager was really nice, helped with the tires himself and gave me a $20 discount.

About an hour after we got home DS had his car packed and gassed up ready for a roadtrip. He left the house around 4:30 and hit Rt 66. He called us about 5:15, saying his car started making noises and smoking. He'd broke down about 25 miles away. We drove over to get him and secure the car. DH noticed that the tires were the WRONG SIZE.

We told DS to put the keys in the glovebox and leave the car unlocked so the tow truck could get in. DH talked to a mechanic at work who told him that because his car is AWD you CANNOT mix tire sizes, it puts too much strain on the drive axle (or something that sounds like that). What a mess. The entire axle assembly and most of the front end are trashed.

I drove out to where the car was parked to retrieve the tire receipts and found the car locked tight! I had to drive 25 miles home to get DHs keys and then go back to unlock it for the tow driver. I met DH at a job site, got lost going home, my cell phone died, no charger and then I got pulled over for speeding! I was totally in tears and the cop didn't give me a ticket! Tears worked (of course they were real tears, frustratingly real).

When I finally got back where the car was the first words from the tow driver were something about how he knew what caused the break, the big tires on the front!

I followed him back home, stopping at the bank for $150 for the tow bill, and the ATM at the bank was broken! No checks, and the lobby closed! I begged and pleaded, they debited my Debit card through the drive up. Thank you, Bank of America!

I met the truck, paid the driver and he gave me a pile of little greasy bearings! DH came home and we all went in to fix lunch and noticed the dog was gone. The rat bastard got out and went for a walk, the church across the street called, so did the police/animal control, but I had my dead cell phone on his tag!

OK, now for the good stuff - Dogs in the pound. $20.00 bail, can't pick him up until 4pm. What a deal! A dog sitter for $5 an hour! The cats and I are thrilled to not have him here farting for an entire afternoon!

Sears is accepting responsibility, hopefully getting us a rental and fixing the car.

DS will be around this weekend to help with the Market and give me a break so I can see Kristin's Expo booth with Sibi.

I didn't get a speeding ticket.

I convinced myself I NEED and iPhone.

Margaritas anyone? It's almost 5.

**** I'd be slamming 40's right about now if I were you!

Deda said:
Dogs in the pound. $20.00 bail, can't pick him up until 4pm. What a deal! A dog sitter for $5 an hour! The cats and I are thrilled to not have him here farting for an entire afternoon!

LOL! I laughed reading this part. But if your dog farts a lot, there's something in his diet that his body doesn't like ;)

Danielito said:
**** I'd be slamming 40's right about now if I were you!

Deda said:
Dogs in the pound. $20.00 bail, can't pick him up until 4pm. What a deal! A dog sitter for $5 an hour! The cats and I are thrilled to not have him here farting for an entire afternoon!

LOL! I laughed reading this part. But if your dog farts a lot, there's something in his diet that his body doesn't like ;)

Daniel, he's a 11-year-old, 110lb Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He's just a big hairy smelly dog. Healthy as a horse, but quite the piggy. He will gobble up all of the cats food in 5 seconds if he can get near it. We feed the cats high up on a table, but he still finds tasty treats here and there. :lol: :lol:

After a day like this, nothing else bad can happen to you! Run out and buy a lottery ticket, your luck is changing! :) :)

Jude

OK, now for the good stuff - Dogs in the pound. $20.00 bail, can't pick him up until 4pm. What a deal! A dog sitter for $5 an hour! The cats and I are thrilled to not have him here farting for an entire afternoon!

BAHAHAHA ! Yanno, if you substitute dog for "teenage boy" it'd be my house :D I wonder, if I send them out for a walk can I get animal control to pick them up and keep them for an afternoon ? :lol:

You're luck is a changin' Deda, I too think you should buy a lottery ticket LOL

Latest posts

Back