Goats milk recipe HP vs. CP (with pics)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanchingmaa

Reaction score
I'm spending the last few days making 2lbs batches testing out a house recipe using goats milk. I've been trying to achieve a white bar and yesterday I was able to do so with CP method. I did not let it gel and its a great white color however it's still soft like my 100% olive oil version. I assume that it will form up in a few days.

Today I did my first HP soap using the same recipe and method to trace but added to a crockpot and made HP. One thing I am dissapointed with is the color. HP made the soap tan. I'm guessing that since its cooking and gelling it will never be as white as CP.

I was amazed that in 8 hours I can use this HP soap. Both are unscented so I may want to scent someday...

Anyone else have issues with white HP soaps?

I agree with nebetmiw when the lye gets hot and your soap starts to gel it will burn the sugars in the milk >.< Without thinking I gelled my oats goats milk soap... so its a dark tan..

I love the immediacy of HP, but save my milks for CP. Well, except for my hot chocolate mix since it was going to be dark brown anyway.

I have a question....may be a dumb one:-(, but if you use the condensed goat's milk (you add equal amounts of water to reconstitute)....could you add the water part to the lye and add the condensed GM after you HP? Or would it be lye heavy?

I choose to use raw fresh goatsmilk rather than something from a can. Just a personal preference.

I promised pics:

photo.jpg

Beautiful! I never use canned goat milk but mine isn't fresh from the goat either..... fresh from the supermarket.... ;)

I only do goat milk soaps and do not mind the tan color I get from them. I hot oven process them. My customers find them beautiful also. I think it becomes a personal issue with us what our soaps look like. Personally though, I don't mind. I too use fresh goat milk. Either way, I think both your soaps look great.

I like both colors equally. And with the HP you can use it whenever you want so thats the real plus!

Thanks. Obviously the pics do not do any justice here but the white one is a creamy white. Its interesting; these are the exact same recipes but a day apart and left is CP and right is HP.

Latest posts

Back