Goatmilk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harshaa25

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Harshaa here from India. Just started out making soaps and it is very interesting.

I have made these soaps so far

1) Goatmilk and green tea
2) Goatmilk, rose powder and honey
3) Goatmilk, liqourice, cardamom, vetiver, cinnamon and carrot

I have used water : lye - 250 ml : 100 ml for the first two soaps + 2 cups goatmilk - 350 ml(frozen) and for the third one, I did water discount and replaced it directly with frozen goat milk (350 ml)

What do you think would be the appropriate quantity to add goat milk for moisturising? I have a feeling that 2 cups of goat milk might be too much.

These were my measurements -

22.925 fl oz or 676 ml coconut oil
3.53 fl oz or 104 ml sunflower oil
1.75 fl oz or 50 ml castor oil
350 ml - goatmilk

There is a notion that using too much of coconut oil will dry the skin but given that goatmilk is used, do you think it might cancel it out?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. First off, using that much coconut oil your soap will be extremely cleansing regardless what you use. Secondly, soap will never be moisturizing. It can be less cleansing. To moisturize you need a leave on product. Soap is only on the skin a brief time. Also. All things should be measured by weight, grams being the most accurate.

I agree with @shunt2011. Also, please be aware that cinnamon and licorice (whether dried or as an essential oil) are both skin sensitizers so they are not recommended for soap or other body products.

I am not sure whether you added any of those ingredients in essential oil form, but if you ever do so, you must calculate the skin-safe percentage. Either check the manufacturer’s safety sheet, or use EOCalc.com to find out whether an essential oil is skin-safe and if so, in what what amounts.

These are only some of the examples why we recommended in your other thread that you need time and experience before selling your soap. You can really harm people because you don’t know what you don’t know.

Many websites have inaccurate and dangerous recipes and recommendations, and it takes time and research to find out the correct and safe way to do things. Fortunately, this forum has a lot of wonderful information and helpful people who will assist you in that process! 😊

Back