Goat soap ya'll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel I need to add this disclaimer..I'm a newbie also :lol: through trial and error I have found this method to work best for me!! I use all room temp oils. (you can use any recipe) I take the recomended liquid and divide that in half. the first half of liquid I mix with my lye (i use aloe juice)
and set aside till it is room temp. then I mix all oils & lye/aloe mixture (at room temp) blend till trace. since I am new at this my trace looks like instant pudding? :D I then add my fresh room temp GM and blend a few min. more. also at the point is when I add my extras. I was using honey and I am not doing that right now (Honey increases heat), and I wanted to be sure if it was a soap problem or honey problem. I have aloooooot of burned soap. I also wrap my soap in a few bath towels for a few hours till it gels then uncover and take out of the mold 8-10 hrs latter. through my error part of the learning I was given some good advice and encourgement from the forum family!!!! if you need more details or have questions please ask, hope this helps Kathleen

goat soap

thanks again! milk-based soaps have always fought me! usually turning into an ugly gloppy mess!!!

being able to pull this off at room temp is absoloutely awesome! does it take long to trace? do you hand stir or s/b?

the questions never stop...

monet

I have never used a wisk or by hand, I have always used a stick blender. I wish I knew more about the tech aspect of why this works so I could give you better info. I just add all oil at RT mix lye/aloe, then I stick blend as usual. I get to trace in about 5 min??then i jsut pour in the RTGM and just mix good. (once I mixed the GM and it was cold and it started to get hard fast). this is not a special recipe. I have done it with different oils/amount. I always just divide the water in half but I guess it would not matter how much GM vs Aloe, the end result would be the same. I just like to half it!!

Latest posts

Back