Gloves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue1969

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using "Gloves in a bottle" instead of latex gloves when working with lye? I read a lot of reviews about people using it when painting and using solvents, but was wondering if it would protect against lye? The normal gloves really makes my hands sweat terribly and results in a rash.

Stop wearing latex gloves and don’t wear gloves with powder inside. Chronic exposure to latex usually causes a latex allergy. Powdered latex gloves increase the risk of inhaling the latex particles. Latex gloves and other products are no longer used in healthcare facilities for these reasons. Instead try nitrile gloves. I’ve attached a photo of a brand I got on Amazon that I really like. It’s nitrile and has extended cuffs which offer more protection than regular gloves.

Attachments

• C22BAC73-F2D9-42AD-BC4A-5B485208C39D.png
    C22BAC73-F2D9-42AD-BC4A-5B485208C39D.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Stop wearing latex gloves and don’t wear gloves with powder inside. Chronic exposure to latex usually causes a latex allergy. Powdered latex gloves increase the risk of inhaling the latex particles. Latex gloves and other products are no longer used in healthcare facilities for these reasons. Instead try nitrile gloves. I’ve attached a photo of a brand I got on Amazon that I really like. It’s nitrile and has extended cuffs which offer more protection than regular gloves.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I second Kari's advice about nitrile gloves. Your hands will still sweat, but nitrile has less chance of adverse reactions.

The "gloves in a bottle" isn't going to protect your skin against hazardous chemicals. I wouldn't risk it.

Back