Gingerbread (sharing my super secret recipe)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look yummy, thanks for sharing!

are they more like biscuits than cookies?....soft on the inside I mean...

x

OMG! :shock:

my "granna" made cookies so similar to these! she has long since passed and i lost the recipe ages ago.

nothing smells so heavenly as gingerbread baking!

thanks ever so much for posting!

Thank you for sharing Artisan....I detest ginger in everything except baking .... gingerbread is one of my all time favourites! And your tutorial with pics is wonderful.

Tanya :)

Thanks for posting this artisan. I haven't baked in forever,& gingerbread is my absolute all time favourite!
Made a batch soon as I could scribble down the ing.,& I'm munching one right now! :D
Great recipe btw.Easy peasy.And yumbo! :D

artisan soaps said:
gekko62 said:
Thanks for posting this artisan. I haven't baked in forever,& gingerbread is my absolute all time favourite!
Made a batch soon as I could scribble down the ing.,& I'm munching one right now! :D
Great recipe btw.Easy peasy.And yumbo! :D

:lol: I'm so happy it worked for you!!

Gingerbread has been a staple in my house ever since my now 19yr old was a baby, and this is the recipe I've made/used for the last 10 at least :D

Sibi said:
OMG I absolutely LOVE gingerbread. I have a question.....what kind of syrup...corn syrup?
Sibi

Golden Syrup is a light treacle ;)

Woodi said:
These look yummy, thanks for sharing!

are they more like biscuits than cookies?....soft on the inside I mean...

If you prefer them crunchy just roll thinner and cook the full 15min ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm so glad people enjoyed me posting this :D

light treacle???? what is that?

Oh artisan they look scrumptious . I have to try these . Thanks for the tut .I love the faces , my grandkids will love trying these :D

artisan soaps said:
Sibi said:
light treacle???? what is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup

If you can't find it I think Maple Syrup would be a good substitute ..

The texture is similar though GS is a bit thicker, and I'm sure the flavour will work with these spices too ;)

~ Happy Baking!

I'll have to say....never seen it nor heard of it. I'll have to stick with maple syrup :D But thanks for the info., you learn something new every day!

'Tis now a cold, frosty day in October, and I resurrected this, cuz it's a fine time to be baking.

Just one question: How many biscuits does this recipe make? (if I use the same cutter as you).

and thanks again for sharing!

I made a half batch & had enough to fill a 2L jar,plus munched 1/2 a dozen while I was baking & cooling them. I looove warm gingerbread biccies :)

Back