Ginger EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:

judymoody said:
I have used strong ginger tea as the base liquid for my lye mixture and the scent survived the saponification process. Give it a try? Lots cheaper than the EO and no funky smell.

I have agree or even infusing the oils with ginger

Very nice ideas with the tea and oil infusions.

So I got ginger EO, unfortunately, it is the wet sock smelling stuff. Any ideas how to use it? I did not get a lot of it, good thing.

I used some with tea tree, rosemary, and a few other EOs, not bad. Just looking for more ideas.

are you looking for soap uses things to blend it with? or are you looking for its therapeutic uses like it is anti-inflammatory, anesthetic, expectorant, anticoagulant, digestive aid, laxative, stimulant....

DragonQueenHHP said:
are you looking for soap uses things to blend it with? or are you looking for its therapeutic uses like it is anti-inflammatory, anesthetic, expectorant, anticoagulant, digestive aid, laxative, stimulant....

Isn't ginger wonderful? The best medicinal use for me is against altitude sickness, or motion sickness. Then i just use the fresh root and chew on it.

I was hoping to use the ginger EO in some scent blend, maybe with other EOs, in soap or balms, just to enjoy the scent. I might be out of luck.

I think the one you got will not do you well for the scent property. You could use it for some of its other properties and bury the smell. I have a cheap side that says don't toss what can be used.

Latest posts

Back