Gardenia by California Candle Company

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lovely Gardenia mix that does not seize or accelerate to badly. I is 50/50 NG's Gardenia and Gardenia from California Candle Company. Neither of those Gardenia's held scent well until I tried mixing them. Keep in mind my customers like strong, not barely there scent. I usually just do a 1 color swirl using a 31% lye concentration. My recipe is not a slow trace recipe, so it could probably be slowed down a bit with slow trace recipe. It smells just like gardenias on a bush.

I will have to try this FO mix .. I LOVE the scent of gardenias. Does it stick well through the cure? Oh, in re-reading, it looks like it does. Anyway I plan to give this a try, I think.

Okay, I can't find a website for the California Candle Company. Do you have a link, cmzaha? I found California Candle Supply with this candles only scent, but there are several other California Candle xxx and I am not finding one with the 'CCC' name.

Do we have a supplier's spreadsheet or list of suppliers with links and addresses somewhere? I looked in the FO's spreadsheet and find reveiws for NG, but not for California Candle Company. Not sure where to look for supplier names and website links/addresses.

*Brought over from another thread, so as not to hijack the original thread.

Last edited:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will have to try this FO mix .. I LOVE the scent of gardenias. Does it stick well through the cure? Oh, in re-reading, it looks like it does. Anyway I plan to give this a try, I think.

Okay, I can't find a website for the California Candle Company. Do you have a link, cmzaha? I found California Candle Supply with this candles only scent, but there are several other California Candle xxx and I am not finding one with the 'CCC' name.

Do we have a supplier's spreadsheet or list of suppliers with links and addresses somewhere? I looked in the FO's spreadsheet and find reveiws for NG, but not for California Candle Company. Not sure where to look for supplier names and website links/addresses.

*Brought over from another thread, so as not to hijack the original thread.
It is a body safe Gardenia. The owner, John, is supposed to start updating the site and adding body safe to his fo's. He is a candle supplier so never worried about Body Safe until I came along. I have had to always ask him if body safe or candle only. A couple of years ago he gave me test sample of all his body safe to test, now he is getting in a bunch of new fo's and they will be body safe, unless it cannot be done.
The 50/50 combo with NG's does stick. I have had one batch for 4 months and it is still as good as when poured, I don't have any that are a year old but will be holding back one to see how it does with a year cure. Yes you have the correct site

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It is a body safe Gardenia. The owner, John, is supposed to start updating the site and adding body safe to his fo's. He is a candle supplier so never worried about Body Safe until I came along. I have had to always ask him if body safe or candle only. A couple of years ago he gave me test sample of all his body safe to test, now he is getting in a bunch of new fo's and they will be body safe, unless it cannot be done.
The 50/50 combo with NG's does stick. I have had one batch for 4 months and it is still as good as when poured, I don't have any that are a year old but will be holding back one to see how it does with a year cure. Yes you have the correct site
Thank you for your prompt response, cmzaha. Good to know. I hope he does update the website, as I am sure I would not be the only one to hesitate to make that purchase.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt response, cmzaha. Good to know. I hope he does update the website, as I am sure I would not be the only one to hesitate to make that purchase.
The Gardenia was one of the reformulated, so do not purchase yet. Should know tomorrow, but I am afraid it may not be as good as the one I have. Sorry

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I will wait. I certainly already have enough FO's to last me quite some time. (Thanks to snappyllama)

Latest posts