from Italy with love!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukari

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
my name is Valentina and i'm italian!
My adventure in the soap world started 8 months ago and i'm not going to stop! :smile: I also make cosmetic creams, lotions and so on..
I think italian soaping tradition is a bit different from the american one, I wanna know everything! I joined your interesting forum trying to learn all about new tendencies and saponification tricks! I'm so excited to know you!

thank you everybody
ciao.gif

well pepsi girl, for example the standard amount of water is the 30% of the oils. If someone increase that amount is called "increased water method". I understand that your standard amount of water is around 35% :)?:)
Another thing, from our soaping theory, work temperature are around 45°C (113°F i guess), we rarely work at room temperature. And that's one of the first things i want to try! :)
There are some theory post i can read for clear up my mind? or anything you want to suggest me, i appreciate :thumbup:

Welcome! I would love to hear what your favorite recipe has been so far! I'm only a few batches in myself and want to try everything everyone suggests!

thank you everybody
ciao.gif

well pepsi girl, for example the standard amount of water is the 30% of the oils. If someone increase that amount is called "increased water method". I understand that your standard amount of water is around 35% :)?:)
Another thing, from our soaping theory, work temperature are around 45°C (113°F i guess), we rarely work at room temperature. And that's one of the first things i want to try! :)
There are some theory post i can read for clear up my mind? or anything you want to suggest me, i appreciate :thumbup:

Yukari I think you will find reading this forum there are standards or starting points that we use but after that people do lots of different things. I normally use 33% but sometimes i use less water.
And I use different temps depending on what kind of soap I making. So what you will find is maybe not so much the Italian way versus American way but just lots of different ways. When I started soaping years ago I was totally " by the book" don't deviate even a little or your soap will fail! But that's just not true and that's one thing that makes this forum so interesting people dare to deviate!

@pepsi girl: i think you're right! i read some posts so far and i understand that there are as many way to make soap as the people in here! :razz:
i wrote that sentence because one of the first thing that struck me when i started to see yt tutorials by american soap makers was "how in the hell do they manage to maintain a liquid batch till the end?? what recipe do they use? what method? :problem: " that's why i said so

@lizflowers42: oh me too, i have only 8 batches under my belt, most of which i made for xmas so i didn't try them already. i always ask myself if i will be capable of see the difference between them! :confused:

For example i really liked:
olive oil 45%
lard 25%
coconut oil 15%
cocoa butter 5%
shea butter 5%
rice bran oil 5%

That's all folks!
(hope my english is understandable :Kitten Love: )

Back