Freezing Cold Process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innerdiva73

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am really into not gelling my soap and I put it in the freezer after I mold. My question is will it loose its scent after it has been in the freezer? Or does Gelled soap scent last longer?

I would think that the scent would last longer with ungelled because the soap doesn't get a chance to heat up. Or it might come down to what kind of scent you're using. I'm sure a wise and more experienced soul will chime in soon enough though.

SOme people don't gel delicate scents so they don't morph or lose any of their power. I have not done any real experiments to see if a fragrance holds longer or more/less powerfully in ungelled vs gelled soap.

I've done both gelled and ungelled (in the freezer) and FO and EO's and haven't noticed a difference. I'll have to pay more attention or try the same scent in both a gelled and ungelled to truely test it. Sorry this doesn't help answer your question.

I am with Kazmi I didn't gel for a number of years and then when the ashing became a concern I started gelling and problem resolved. I honestly don't remember thinking that the scents were weaker in my gelled soap but it is true heat does burn some fragrance off as learned that very early in my candle making days

Back