Frankincense&Myrr soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthsoap

Reaction score
Trying to find info on making CP soap with Frankincense& Myrrh,have it in the tears form,should it be infused with Olive oil?Ground up then added?Also at what percent 4-5 etc.Thanks

Last edited:
:) interesting that this popped up :) . i myself getting things together to make a frankincense &n myrrh oil infused soap . i already infused in olive oil , i did not measure out per se' . i tried look around for a "firm" recipe but i never found any . there is a few threads on this site about it. i plan to make a 4.5 lb batch and i got about 4-5 ounces of infused oil in a small mason jar.
i put in about three ounce of frankincense and about 4 teaspoon of myrrh and fill with OO ,cover and set in hot medium boiling water for 4 hours.
some people ground it in a motar until fine and add , for me i am not sure if it will add a "grit factor" to the soap , so i chose infusion .

btw for the 4.5 pound batch of soap i may use 2.5 ounces to see how it goes, so like a 1/2 ounce per pound...... i do not have and idea how it will react, such as if it will cause temperature to rise or speed up trace / so its a pure test basis on my part. /// you can look way at the bottom of this thread and find Similar Threads about the same subject

I grind mine up with a mortar & pestle and add it about 1 tsp per pound of oils (PPO). You can also dust it onto the top of the soap.

I love F&M soap. Have a Pinterest board of it if you'd like some eye candy inspiration :)

I have only ever used the FO and I loved the fragrance. It was going to discolor so I just colored it gold and it looks good and smells great

[URL=http://imageshack.com/i/04w80wj] Uploaded with ImageShack.com[/URL]

just a pic of my Frankincense & Myrrh soap i did few days ago , the specs are flecks of Turmeric that i used for light coloring . i used infused oil and scented with frankincense EO. Orange EO. cassia EO, lemongrass EO, basil EO. will see how it works in a few weeks when i get to use it .

Latest posts

Back