Fragrance testing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while ago I said I was testing fragrances - here’s a photo of ~ 80g samples of each of the fragrances I sampled. If you zoom in you can see they are each stamped with the name of the fragrance, supplier, VCS if used, and some have an A for accelerate or D for decelerate. Supplier key:
NDA = New Directions Aromatics
NG= Nature’s Garden
EB= Elements Bath and Body
NURT = Nurture
SOAPLZ= Soapalooza
I used a rate of 5% of total soap weight unless the vendor recommended less. VCS was used at a rate of 50-100% of fragrance depending on % vanilla. (Didn’t keep exact records).
I was amazed at the color changes for even the non vanilla fragrances. Look at that bright purple one! “Lavender Apples and Oak”
Also am amazed at the differences in fragrance retention. Some have almost no smell after 3 weeks.
Anyway, enjoy!
ETA thanks @Admin for relocating this post to the right place.
A3618ACB-45E4-448E-BC38-9823164DE291.jpeg

Last edited:
A while ago I said I was testing fragrances - here’s a photo of ~ 80g samples of each of the fragrances I sampled. If you zoom in you can see they are each stamped with the name of the fragrance, supplier, VCS if used, and some have an A for accelerate or D for decelerate. Supplier key:
NDA = New Directions Aromatics
NG= Nature’s Garden
EB= Elements Bath and Body
NURT = Nurture
SOAPLZ= Soapalooza
I used a rate of 5% of total soap weight unless the vendor recommended less. VCS was used at a rate of 50-100% of fragrance depending on % vanilla. (Didn’t keep exact records).
I was amazed at the color changes for even the non vanilla fragrances. Look at that bright purple one! “Lavender Apples and Oak”
Also am amazed at the differences in fragrance retention. Some have almost no smell after 3 weeks.
Anyway, enjoy!
ETA thanks @Admin for relocating this post to the right place.
View attachment 65467
Love these! What did you use to make the stamps???

Latest posts

Back