Forest EO blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendjie

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a forest blend I try some but I am not satisfied with the results. Here some of EO that I've got: pine Sylvester, sage, white cedar, balsam fir, rosemary, atlas cedar... maybe someone have a blend to suggest? Thank you very much

You're welcome!

If all else fails, you can wet a cutip with each of the EOs you listed. Drop each cutip into a separate 2 oz bottle (if you have some empties sitting around). Put lid on it and wait for a bit before sniffing. Then take some time to sniff the bottles next to each other to see which EO goes with another to create the blend you're seeking.

I hope that makes sense?

By forest blend do you mean a green plant scent or a damp woody scent? I'd think some patchouli would help add damp dirt smell to the trees

You're welcome!

If all else fails, you can wet a cutip with each of the EOs you listed. Drop each cutip into a separate 2 oz bottle (if you have some empties sitting around). Put lid on it and wait for a bit before sniffing. Then take some time to sniff the bottles next to each other to see which EO goes with another to create the blend you're seeking.

I hope that makes sense?
Yes that makes sense. I will try this thanks 🙂.

By forest blend do you mean a green plant scent or a damp woody scent? I'd think some patchouli would help add damp dirt smell to the trees
Well when it's Christmas time there is always candle that smells balsam fir and other scents but what? That's what I am searching for 😁.

Look no further, I've got it. Equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils which smells like a brisk winter walk in the forest. It's in my top 5 faves.
Surprisingly, I do not like pine in soap -- it smells like pinesol.
Haha I will sure try this one, sounds great thanks 😁.

Latest posts

Back