FO fro saveonscents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
I just received the cannibus, earth, and indonesian coffee.

It all smells horrible in the bottles. Gasp! Do you think it will improve in soap?

Gosh I hope so.. then again, those are scents that aren't exactly "lovely" to begin with haha so maybe they just need to be tested out.. ??
(I hate the smell of pot and coffee, it's just a personal thing hehe)

I have to say that at first I was not too happy with SOS. I didn't like the plastic bottles, I didn't like that they take forever to charge my CC and then even longer to ship. I really was disheartened when I smelled the bottles, and I ordered 30 different 16 oz bottles about a year ago. I was freaking out that I had just ordered 30 lbs of garbage.

However, when I soap the stuff I was very happy. Their rose FO is still one of my very favorites. Give 'em a try. They might surprise you.

Um, those don't exactly sound like pretty scents so I'm not sure what you expected...

I've got great scents from SOS, and most vendors ship FOs in plastic. Even top notch suppliers like SW do except in rare cases.

I'm with you Deda on the plastic bottles. Guess I just got spoiled with Bramble Berry.

I expected the pot to smell like pot and the coffee to smell like coffee, not industrial bathroom cleaner.

Sigh...

Oh wow, I've never gotten FO in plastic before.. I'd be spoiled too :)
Well I guess just give one of em a shot and let us know how it turns out?

Some ship in amber glass bottles, some in white plastic bottles. One scent I got from a supplier was in an aluminum bottle! 8)

Soapmaker Man said:
Some ship in amber glass bottles, some in white plastic bottles. One scent I got from a supplier was in an aluminum bottle! 8)
Wow. It's been about 9 years since I've gotten any oil shipped to me in aluminum. I've never gotten any glass bottles except samples! :)

lonestar and brambleberry both use glass bottles (well at least in the small sizes I get, IDK about larger bottles)...

any ganja soap yet?? hehehe

Lil Outlaws said:
any ganja soap yet?? hehehe

:lol:

I made hemp soap a couple of weeks ago...Does that count? FYI-It rocks! Did not fragrance with ganja FO, though :cry: Used oakmoss instead. It is my new fav!

About 1/2 my fo's come in plastic & the other 1/2 in glass. I don't find any difference in scent as to what they arrive in. Now, there is a company, I forget who, that wraps the lids w/ a very stinky tape & I can't get past the smell of the tape to use the oils...

Ok I'm going to have to get oakmoss - I keep seeing *everyone* talk about it, and I keep not getting it. I knew I should've bought it when LS had their .99 1oz sale that just ended. Dangit. I got 17 bottles, which was what was left after I pared down the 33 that *were* in the cart haha.. and of course oakmoss was one of the ones I took out. Argh.

I got my oakmoss from www.soapsupplies.net, Paul recommended the site.

I haven't used it yet. It doesn't smell wonderful in the bottle, so I'm toying with the idea of mixing it with something, but I don't want to muck it up.

I'm telling you - my SOS Oakmoss Patch is my best-loved, most-requested fragrance...

Back