Flying Pig Soaps - new member

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingpig

Reaction score
Hi All,

Dave in southern California...I run Flying Pig Soapworks and was looking around for a good soap forum. Hope to learn and may even have a few hints to share as well. I make herbal CP soaps, mostly vegetarian but I'm making a few lbs of OMH today. Thanks for having me.

Hi Dave!

We're in Southern California too! I love your company name! Very cool! Where are you located? Do you have a website?

We're in Riverside - and our site is listed below.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Hi Dave , welcome to the forum , it is great to have your here . Love the name of your soaping business :lol:

Kitn

I've spent the last two days browsing around the forum...what a great bunch! There are literally people here from ALL over! A special howdy to all you Texans...I lived in the Dallas area for 23 years. Sometimes I really miss Texas...especially when I start reading about the California economy and the morons in Sacramento...wrong forum to start a rant about that, though!

I've written several articles and tutorials on making CP soap, as well as one on the history of soap. I guess I'll put it all together into a book one of these days. When I get interested in something I read everything I can get my hands on. In soapmaking there are as many approaches as there are soapmakers! Some are extremely artistic and beautiful. I keep mine plain although I kick up my heels and do a swirl now and then.

I have been really enjoying reading about all of you, and I have to say that the amount of great information here is astounding. I've been unemployed for the last three months and am finding out just how hard it is for an older worker to find a job...so I've been looking into ways to kick my hobby up an notch and make money with soap. I'll probably be at the business part of the forum for the next day or two.

I use the simplest tools and methods...old stock pots from Goodwill, downspout molds, and I cut the bars with a miter box and a drywall knife. I buy most of my oils at a restaurant supply. Lately I've been experimenting with soybean oil....costs 1/10 of what olive pomace oil runs. So far I am satisfied with the results although soybean has absolutely NO panache on the label!

Enough about me...I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome!!

It sounds like you have the "making soapmaking affordable" angle covered!

If you don't turn your articles into a book, I'm sure we'd all love to take a peek at your writing. :)

Nice to have you join us!

Jude

heyjude said:
If you don't turn your articles into a book, I'm sure we'd all love to take a peek at your writing. :)

I posted my Short History Of Soap in the General Chat section...

flyingpig said:
So far I am satisfied with the results although soybean has absolutely NO panache on the label!
quote]

I hear ya! lol.....in Oz I think canola might be a similar prob,tho we DO still have GM free,won't be for long tho...all restrictions removed,which is a pisser,cos being geographically isolated we are perfectly placed to be a last bastion of purity type place as far as that goes........OK!!!......I am off my pedestal now! lol

flyingpig said:
Hi All,

Dave in southern California...I run Flying Pig Soapworks and was looking around for a good soap forum. Hope to learn and may even have a few hints to share as well. I make herbal CP soaps, mostly vegetarian but I'm making a few lbs of OMH today. Thanks for having me.

Dave as I read your introduction, it cracked me up, "I run Flying Pig Soapworks.....I make herbal CP soaps, mostly vegetarian "
that just made my day :lol: nice to have you with us. I just read your soap history write up, fabulous, it was a good read.

Back