First time with diagonal layers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
I decided to try my hand at a diagonal layer effect for the Pink Mojito Soap!

It was pretty simple to do actually. Hardest part is dividing the oils and the lye water before you blend each color. That way I could let the first layer set before I poured the second layer. I didn’t take the batter to trace - just emulsified. I also didn’t tap it to release bubbles for fear of messing up the design. Thus - a few bubbles.

I’m gonna let it rest/ cool down for about another 2 hours and then I will cut. Here is what it looks like at this point.

849758B0-6A18-4FBE-A435-4BD7A2DF05B2.jpeg

Edited to add:

I couldn’t wait to cut it so I went ahead. It’s still warm so there are some wire marks on soap. I’m really happy with the result!
19122DB7-E998-45D4-9513-1488A0AC718C.jpeg

Last edited:
very nice--oh crap I just made a couple batches and forgot to rap the bubbles out. cant wait to see pics of the cut bars--how long did you let the first color set before adding the second. that is pretty cool, the more I look at it the more I like it

very nice--oh crap I just made a couple batches and forgot to rap the bubbles out. cant wait to see pics of the cut bars--how long did you let the first color set before adding the second. that is pretty cool, the more I look at it the more I like it
Thank you! I let it set about 10 minutes before I mixed the other half of oils/ lye water. Cut pics added

I decided to try my hand at a diagonal layer effect for the Pink Mojito Soap!

It was pretty simple to do actually. Hardest part is dividing the oils and the lye water before you blend each color. That way I could let the first layer set before I poured the second layer. I didn’t take the batter to trace - just emulsified. I also didn’t tap it to release bubbles for fear of messing up the design. Thus - a few bubbles.

I’m gonna let it rest/ cool down for about another 2 hours and then I will cut. Here is what it looks like at this point.

View attachment 37053
Edited to add:

I couldn’t wait to cut it so I went ahead. It’s still warm so there are some wire marks on soap. I’m really happy with the result!
View attachment 37055

Those look great! You can check-off another skill.

Latest posts

Back