First time making soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikkiMaiers

Reaction score
I believe it seized on me. Minute I added the lye it curdled and got thick really fast. I did mix it for 30 minutes and no superstation. Is it ok if not can I save it??

Attachments

• 83A4051D-D0C7-463B-9323-D4D0A6081116.jpeg
    83A4051D-D0C7-463B-9323-D4D0A6081116.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 26
I figured it out. I just realized I thought was using Shea butter and here it was a melt and pour soap my fiancé got me. I guess will make it into laundry soap

If you want save on the ingredients (looks like big loaf there) you can rebatch it by grate it down (make sure you wear gloves), add some liquid and cook with the missing shea butter until it's mixed thoroughly. It will have a rough texture and need to cure longer but otherwise should still be usable.

I have a question I just made my second batch of soap using the same recipe as the first and the first came out great but The second the only thing I did different was add some lavender essential oil. The problem I am having is it’s been 32hrs and it’s still soft on the sides so it’s sticking to the mold but the top is firm. How long should it take to harden up before I can remove it and cut it. Any help is appreciated. Please and Thank You

You'll need to share your recipe as well as any additives, it's hard to tell you without more information. If you have a high liquid oil content it can take some time. What kind of mold are you using? Did the soap gel? What lye concentration did you use? A lot plays into it.

Latest posts

Back