First Snow by WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkstylessoap

Reaction score
So disappointed, smelled amazing and tried with cp soap to make a beautiful light blue and grey and white swirl and I immediately got soap on a stick! Ugh!!

Yes, that is what I just did and it looks like split pea soup but at least it smells good!

Oh no! I almost bought some with my last order. Don't you hate it when your beautifully planned soap gets ruined by a FO!

Yes, that is what I just did and it looks like split pea soup but at least it smells good!

That's like the FO I use in my "ugly soap" lol -- It's coco-mango from this one supplier, and it turns bright orange and instant seize, in CP (or tries to separate in HP) but if I keep stirring it gels in the pot, then I get it into the mold. I had only used it in half, and used lemongrass in the other half, and the lemongrass with the olive oil in the soap stayed green, and then the coco-mango half turned orange. So mixed together, it looks like split pea soup. With carrots. I wasn't ever going to use it again, but my friends who sampled it loved it and have requested it in spite of the looks...

Pic in this thread...

So disappointed, smelled amazing and tried with cp soap to make a beautiful light blue and grey and white swirl and I immediately got soap on a stick! Ugh!!

Hello! Just a thought - were your soaping oils too warm when you add this FO? Sometimes having your oils too warm - like well over 100 degrees F - can cause some sensitive FO's to become "soap-on-a-stick". Depending upon your recipe try soaping a tad cooler (100 and a little lower) then add the FO and mix thoroughly before adding the lye solution. After adding the lye solution hand mix (spoon or whisk) and see if it happens again. A stick blender can sometimes make reactions happen way to fast. Usually if you can get everything emulsified you can pour into your mold before a quick trace happens. This may help - or it happens to be the nature of this particular FO beast :twisted: for cp soapmaking.

Hello! Just a thought - were your soaping oils too warm when you add this FO? Sometimes having your oils too warm - like well over 100 degrees F - can cause some sensitive FO's to become "soap-on-a-stick". Depending upon your recipe try soaping a tad cooler (100 and a little lower) then add the FO and mix thoroughly before adding the lye solution. After adding the lye solution hand mix (spoon or whisk) and see if it happens again. A stick blender can sometimes make reactions happen way to fast. Usually if you can get everything emulsified you can pour into your mold before a quick trace happens. This may help - or it happens to be the nature of this particular FO beast :twisted: for cp soapmaking.

No, I actually tend to soap pretty cool (less than 100 degrees) for that exact reason and use the same recipe every time, and I always pre mix the FO into my oils before adding my lye so when I get any issues like ricing or acceleration I know that it is the FO because that is the only variable that is different.

Latest posts

Back