First Show Jitters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Well, the time has finally come... my first craft show! Saturday is the day and from the listing it said should get about 1000 people. There will be competition as the organizer said there are a few vendors selling goats milk soap (though none of mine are, so that might be good), one doing lotions (I only have a few solid lotions to sell right now) and two candle vendors. The bulk if my product will be the soaps until I get a feel on the other items. The DH will be my plus one. I was able to pick up a bunch of baskets to use for display. All of these for $26 at the thrift store! I am just going to go in and have fun though!! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1395355620.104779.jpg

oh good luck!! Take pics of your final set up, and let us know how it went and what you learned! Report back! lol

I like the square basket in the picture. Let us know how it goes. I hope you have fun and sell a ton of soap!

Thanks y'all! Going to the craft store tomorrow to find cheap fabric to line the inside of the baskets. Glad I was able to get a half day off of work tomorrow! Will certainly post final set up pics!

Be yourself. Talk about your craft. Speak and smile at everyone who passes your table. Sell yourself. Remember that people buy from people. That no matter how good the product, the "connection" will bring you sales. Good luck.

Thanks, awesome advice!!

Well, it went good. There were a lot of vendors of all sorts and a lot of people. The area that they had me didn't have any soap vendors nearby so that was good so. We were right by the second entrance and concession stand which provided good foot traffic. I only made a little over half my booth fee back which I was a little bummed about but a lot of people stopped and looked (or sniffed) and took business cards. I met a soap maker who uses milk from her goats. We met at the end and she said that she was afraid to stop by earlier fearing that I would think she was competition, but I welcomed her and loved her soaps and she did mine as well.

I was up really late last night still getting ready. I need to prepare better and make my labels ahead of time instead of last minute. Some pics of my table, enjoy! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1395522061.913983.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1395522076.391464.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1395522091.791985.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1395522101.475271.jpg

Sorry to hear you did not at least make your booth money back. Markets are tough these days at least where I live. Just a little suggestion for your next show, wrap and label all soaps.
Over the years many of my customers have told me they would never even consider buying an un-wrapped soap no matter how good it smells.
Your booth looked lovely and your soaps looked very nice

I will have to take that in to consideration, Carolyn. I have another show this coming Saturday.

I don't sell but to me your table looks nice. I would buy and every home made soap I've bought has been unwrapped. So a mixture of wrapped and unwrapped such as you have should work. Do you have a beer soap? Is it selling?

Latest posts

Back