First Neem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMakingTommy

Reaction score
Today was a perfect night for me to make some soap, I have been wanting to put my neem to good use to I made a neem and ginger soap.
I used 21% neem with a blend of other plant oils making up the remaining 79%.
I used 3tbs of ginger powder to the whole batch and 3oz essential oils.
I super fatted at around 5%

I will upload some more pictures when I make my cut, and then I will try and post after I try the soaps out and let you knows know how they feel.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396082797.158665.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396082811.379568.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396082826.800261.jpg

Wow, that turned out nice looking. :) How does it smell?

I love looking at CP soaps, they're so smooth. I like the textures of HP soaps too, just a different aesthetic.

Thanks graycewoorks, the soap looks a bit dull but it does have that nice sleek finish to it, Sometimes my soap makes me want to carve it up into a sculpture or something.
The smell is noticeable, I thought it was going to be worse, Some made me think it was going to be the end of the world. lol
I used some minty essential oils with eucalyptus and peppermint, The smell seems to have come threw, But so has the neem, Both noticeable. I am hoping the neem settles down and the minty smell comes out more. If not ill be being vitalized by not only the minty but by the neem stink, lol

I could understand the neem fading in smell, but what about when you actually use the soap in shower or sink? Does the smell not return?

I will post again soon with cut pictures, and then again after cure.

Last edited:
I have a neem and pine-tar soap i bought, with tea tree oil in it also, and it has sort of a pine-tree and earthy smell to it. It's not unpleasant, just a bit like liniment maybe?

I have a neem and pine-tar soap i bought, with tea tree oil in it also, and it has sort of a pine-tree and earthy smell to it. It's not unpleasant, just a bit like liniment maybe?

Did it have any scent like eo/fo in it, and if it did was it noticeable?
I got to look into tee tree, sounds like a nice additive.:mrgreen:

It has tea tree oil, Pine EO, and cedarwood EO. It has a kind of pine, smoky, forest-y scent and you can smell the tea tree as well, but it blends well with the pine and cedar.

We'll I made my cut the other day I did not want to handle it to much until they were a bit more dry.
The soap does not look as pretty, I cut really early.
I noticed my sample bars which I cut many hours later gelled completely.
I learned not to cut to early during the saponification process or it can hinder gelling.
Besides that the smell is amazing and am proud of how they came out.
I can't wait to try them out and let you guys know.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396224561.505769.jpg

We'll as I promised I would let you all know what I think of my neem soap.
The soap is wonderful, when I take a shower, my skin and pores. Feel cool and refreshed, definitely can feel clean skin for hours to come. Just leaves some wonderful quality I can't pinpoint from what yet, either the neem or the minty eo's.
Coming out the shower family can smell how wonderfully minty and clean you are. =D

The lather is rich and creamy, the neem smell if any is very tolerable and blends well.
Here is a lather picture.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1398700883.934776.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1398700907.148448.jpg

Nice soap. I really like neem and its great you found a EO combo that works with the smell. I made a shampoo bar with neem, scented with huckleberry FO. Now I have a nice fruity bar with a hint of onion, kinda weird but I know the need scent will fade with a nice long cure.
I'll have to try something minty for my next shampoo bar, sounds like it would feel nice on the scalp.

Wow, that turned out nice looking. :) How does it smell?

I love looking at CP soaps, they're so smooth. .

I totally agree about the look of CP soaps. I enjoy them much better than any batch of HP I have made.

My first batch of neem soap was made last year and boy did it stink, LOL. I made and sold it for/to an acquaintance who wanted it for her daughter. Wonder did she ever use it?

Wow grayce that must be a anti bug soap you have based on the ingredients, I will have to try making something similar for camping. I've really wanted to make some anti bug neem soaps but I haven't quite settled on EO's yet.

Back