First M&P Soap!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Ok so, I started out with Shea and Aloe Soap Base, and then I added Pink Kaolin to half and french green clay to the other half. I added a lil bit of Dragon's Blood FO to the pink Kaolin side and this is what I got!

This is when I first poured them
100_0409.jpg

This is the finished product
100_0413.jpg

100_0416.jpg

You're on you way! Don't you love working with clay in soap?

Oh that brings me back,those are the same molds I used to make my first soaps I remember they were Lavender Vanilla and I felt like a little kid holding a new toy. JOY :lol:

Thanks guys! The Dragon's Blood FO is kind of flowery but it's not overpowering with it. It has a slight musk smell to it. I like it! Well I made some more last night.. I did some with embedded stars and duckys and I poured to hot and melted some of my duckys... :oops: I learned that I do not like Honeysuckle M&P.. and I'm going to look at buying some lye to try my hand at CP soon.. I was getting a tad irritated last night though b/c my dog kept chewing on things she wasn't supposed to be while I was trying to pour.. so I had to chase her down then try to pour and then that was causing issues as well.. I also learned not to add salt to M&P in great amounts.. lmao it became like a candle... :oops: hehe

rupertspal42 said:
Ok so, I started out with Shea and Aloe Soap Base, and then I added Pink Kaolin to half and french green clay to the other half. I added a lil bit of Dragon's Blood FO to the pink Kaolin side and this is what I got!

This is when I first poured them
100_0409.jpg

This is the finished product
100_0413.jpg

100_0416.jpg

these are beautiful!!!!!
how did you get you rose clay to dissolve? mine always leaves freckles in my soap?
thanks ! lara

After I melted the soap, I seperated into two different cups, and as I stirred I poured in the clay slowly to avoid clumps. Then to make sure I got all the clumps out I took a fork and just like mixing flower and milk, crushed up all the lil clumps using the fork :D

Almost forgot... here are the pictures of the soaps I did with the embedded stars and such.. with the stars I put the salt in there remember... heh
100_0420.jpg

100_0422.jpg

100_0423.jpg

100_0424.jpg

100_0426.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0428.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0430.jpg

rupertspal42 said:
After I melted the soap, I seperated into two different cups, and as I stirred I poured in the clay slowly to avoid clumps. Then to make sure I got all the clumps out I took a fork and just like mixing flower and milk, crushed up all the lil clumps using the fork :D

perfect...this is not at all what i did. i can't wait to try this because i love all the french milled soaps because they use the clay and i could never get it to work. i have every color, so thanks!!!!!!
lara

Those are some beautiful soaps you made Victoria , I think you are a natural .Way to go .

Kitn

Latest posts

Back