First Batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just made my first batch of soap today, using a cheap stick blender I bought at Walmart. While mixing my batch, I heard a crackling sound coming from the 'batter' when the blender was immersed (not the whole time though) and wonder if the blade from this blender is stainless steel after all. Anyone else experience this?

I've never had that happen. Is your blender head metal or plastic? If its plastic, I wonder if maybe it just got a bit hot and crackled. Its easy to check if your blades are stainless, look and see if they are discolored at all. Stainless won't change color when exposed to lye.

Could it be air bubbles while stick blending? Also inside the stick, where the rod meets the machine, if it gets too hot it can melt the inside - watch for that too. It could have been cracking that plastic.

Thank you, yes the blade was very hot when I took it out, it was steaming! Maybe it was air bubbles, I'll see if it happens again next time.

We also got ours from walmart ($19.99) and never had a problem yet but we only made three batches so far. Let us know how your next batch turns out while using this.

Never had mine get that hot either...how hot was the soap when you started mixing?

Latest posts

Back