First batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rachelle and digit. Actually the bars are a little difficult to get the lather started but once started the lather builds nicely. I believe that's pretty much typical of Castile soap, although my addition of palm and coconut probably improved upon the basic OO formula a bit.

I just realized that my normally dry hands and face feel much more moist this morning. I attribute that not just to my soap but to my discontinuing my use of commercial soap (Dial, Ivory) and having switched to a combination of my own Castile plus similar soap purchased at Whole Foods Market. Up to now I've saved the good soap for use at the bathroom sink and not using it for showering.

It hasn't taken me long to realize that one nice problem that soapers have is TOO MUCH SOAP! :) There isn't any point in trying to economize with soap anymore since even though I've done only two batches I have soap coming out of my ears, almost 3 dozen bars in stock now and haven't had the occasion to give any bars to friends and family.

I think my friends and family have some nice surprise gifts coming. :)

Latest posts

Back