First batch using colorant!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymom0263

Reaction score
Well tonight I did my first batch of soap using Mica colors. I hope it turns out. I used pink and yellow and scented it with BB Karma. I swirled the two colors together when they were in my homemade mold. I would post a picture but I have know idea how to do that using my phone.

I have an android phone and I am unable to reply from that. I also have the app on my IPod and I reply from that.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393368250.358318.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1393368319.573071.jpg. Here are a couple pictures of my first colorant swirled soap. I think they turned out pretty cool.

BB Karma description

what a beautiful soap! very nice. I am curious how bb karma smells too...?

I just got some - hoping it would be similar to Lush's Karma (sort of a light orange top note with spice middle and sandalwood/Patchouli base). Unfortunately, it didn't really smell like Lush's Karma at all. I'm getting just the base notes and maybe a weird medicinal scent. My husband described it as smelling like a vet's office in Boulder.

I just got some - hoping it would be similar to Lush's Karma (sort of a light orange top note with spice middle and sandalwood/Patchouli base). Unfortunately, it didn't really smell like Lush's Karma at all. I'm getting just the base notes and maybe a weird medicinal scent. My husband described it as smelling like a vet's office in Boulder.

Hi snappyllama! I agree, BB's Karma smells nothing like Lush's Karma which is one of my favorite OTC scents. I added 25% 10X orange to it and it helped a bit but the patchouli is still the most prominent scent. Next time I'm going to add 10X orange at 50% and hopefully it'll sweeten it up a bit. The odd medicinal scent will fade with cure though. Luckily for me I like the scent of patchouli so it's okay but I was disappointed it wasn't closer to what I was looking for.

Hi snappyllama! I agree, BB's Karma smells nothing like Lush's Karma which is one of my favorite OTC scents. I added 25% 10X orange to it and it helped a bit but the patchouli is still the most prominent scent. Next time I'm going to add 10X orange at 50% and hopefully it'll sweeten it up a bit. The odd medicinal scent will fade with cure though. Luckily for me I like the scent of patchouli so it's okay but I was disappointed it wasn't closer to what I was looking for.

I'll have to try mixing with some 10X orange. <Adds some to cart>

I'm about to get into making CP and was hoping that it might mellow out a bit more than MP did. I had tried mixing with a little pear FO (the only fruity scent I have on hand at the moment), but I really don't recommend that! Not good.

I'm still getting a medicinal smell - very alcohol heavy. Maybe I got a bad batch...

Have you tried Kismet from NG - another Lush Karma dupe? It's sitting in my cart right now, but after the BB disappointment I hesitate to pull the trigger on it.

Back