Firecrackers!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sygrid

Reaction score
Ok.. 3's the charm!
Firecrackers.jpg

Cp loaf with peru balsam EO, coffee and patchouli EO. This one is yummy. The only problem I had was with the Peru Balsam being gritty in the soap. I added it to the oils when they were heated but in the end it's more like an exfoliating bar that a luxy bath bar which is what I had intended. Anyone had this happen? I have a litre of the PB which was fairly expensive and I don't want to waste it experimenting.

Ok, here goes, let's hope the pics are there :shock:

Whoo Hooo! You did it and it looks so cool. Would warming the oil in a little hot water help?

I melted it with my oils to about 150 F.

But maybe you're right. Heat the Peru first then add it to the oils. It's almost pine tar consistancy, and after the batch was poured some was left unmixed in the bottom of the pot. It's pretty heavy I suspect and just settled right to the bottom . Hmmmm...another reason to add it preheated. That's a great idea. I will try it and let you know. The bars are really nice 'medium' exfoliating bars and smell like heaven, but what I really wanted were luxy bath bars.

Thanx for the tip...that may work perfectly.

Sygrid

Thanx Everyone,

now (thanx to carebear) I can post some pics and they actually show up.

Making these soaps was easy comparatively :shock:

Latest posts

Back