Fir Needle Vanilla Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeetree

Reaction score
This is my 7th batch of soap. It's palm, olive, coconut, castor, sweet almond, and avocado oil with spirulina added for coloring. Scent is essential oil fir needle and vanilla.

Any feedback or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

fir.jpg

Very pretty swirls, thats a really nice green. The only thing I see that I would change is how thin you sliced them. I would make them a bit thicker but thats just my preference.

They make one that doesn't discolor. When I tried it, it didn’t really hold up but maybe I needed more, it’s not as strong as reg vanilla.

Sorry guys, my tablet is being a weirdo, I have no idea what's going on with the font.

Last edited:
Also, spirulina goes brown too after a while....

****!

I will post an updated photo in a few weeks. I notice the vanilla has in fact become more brown since the first few days. It still looks good, though. I didn't use too much; I believe 2 tbsp. Hopefully that will keep it in check.

Good to know vanilla does this. I had no idea.

I looked at a soap I made in November last year using spirulina, and it is still completely green...no browning at all. I guess it depends.
I do see browning in the vanilla portion of this soap, though. So far I like it...it's just a light tan.

As with all natural colorants, spirulina will be fading its green color and/or turn into a light brown to tan. If you do store your soap properly & keep your soap away from direct sunlight, you might be able to keep the green color a little longer.

Latest posts

Back