Favorite fragrances oils out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lathered_up

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to soap making and haven't had much success with the fragrances I have chosen. Normally I fragrance at about 3-5 % and some have faded out completely or morphed to the point where they smelled like flowery vomit (seriously). The few that I like are:
1. sweet orange mango- Soap Saloon
2. blue hawaiian- Natures garden candles
3. spiced mahogany- Bramble berry

I have purchased many others but most have been disappointing. Any suggestions? I'm going to make a 2.5 lb. batch of soap tomorrow using blackberry fizz from Nature's garden candles and I'm hoping that the scent will stick this time.

A great resource is the soap scent review board at http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index.php

You will need to register and will have to do so from a paid account (no yahoo, google, aol, msn). It has thousands of reviews from real soapers about sticking, fading, morphing, misbehaving, usage rates, discoloration, etc. A wonderful resource.

Good luck! I have found FOs to be very hit or miss. I have had reasonably good luck with Brambleberry, the Scent Works, AHRE, and Southern Soapers.

I've been very happy with White Tea & Ginger from Peak. It's one of the few FOs that everyone in my family likes and it sticks very well. The last batch I made with it is about 7 months old and the remaining bars still smell strong. Of course, what I consider strong may not necessarily be what you consider to be strong. I think I used it at .8 oz ppo.

I second the resource that judymoody mentioned and posted a link to above. I hardly ever buy FOs without checking it out first. Here's an abbreviated list of some of my favorite and strong FOs in CP:

From Daystar:

Paradise
Salty Sailor
Blooming Violets

From SweetCakes:

Pomegranate
Mango Tea
Green Apple
Santa's Pipe
Masculine Musk

From Oregon Trails Soap:

Old Spice
Spiced Plum
Jasmine Yin Hao
Caribbean Pineapple
Pineapple Blossom
Jasmine Yin Hao

From Southern Soapers:

Tassie Lavender (the MMS version of this FO is good, too)
Blackberry Apple
Yellow Rose of Texas
Jasmine Grapefruit

Peaks:

Sweet Pea
Bayberry
PassionFruit & Guava
Bartlet Pear

MMS (Magestic Mountain Sage)

Relaxation
Intense Almond

WholeSsaleSuppliesPlus:

Sugared Spruce
Midsummer's Night
White Tea
Raspberry Lemonade
Iced Tea Splash
Sun & Sand
Mango Sorbet

BitterCreekNorth

Violet Birch

TheScentWorks:

Green Irish Tweed
Iced Black Keemun Tea
Frank & Myrrh
Blackberry Basil
White Peach

Nature'sGardenCalndles:

The Perfect Man
Stud

IrishLass :)

Natures Garden
Orange Blossom
Woodland Nymphs
Lavender Vanill
Luxury Lavender

The Scent Works

Yuzu Japanese Grapefruit
Blackberry Basil

Brambleberry

Morrocan fig
OMH
Cranberry Marmalade

I use 1 0z per lb, I adore peak( almost all of them), I really like lemongrass sage, brown sugar fig, grape, black canyon(mens) coc lime verbena
natures garden is very good and have a huge selection, angel is my favorite.

I like Bee My Honey from Oregon Trails, their Jasmine Yin Hao, and the Love Spell (which I now know smells kind of like Yuzu fyi).

Last edited:
I really like Fresh Fruit Slices from NG. It is my best seller. I also like Lavender Fleur from MMS. I have even had people that weren't real fond of Lavender like this one. It is mellow.

oh my, if I had to list my fav's it would be a long list. I adore most all of peakcandles fos, you can get sample kit for 20$. I like ng also.

I like from Oregon Trails: the Jasmine that Irish Lass likes above. Bee My Honey and Buzzy Buttermilk Bath, though they smell kind of alike.

Latest posts

Back