Father's Day gift ideas?? Anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Ok so I looked at the calender and realized that next month will be father's day.. I haven't a clue on what to get my dad.. last year I DEPLOYED for father's day!!!! Now, my real dad and I are really close.. we have what we call "Daddy - Daughter" Days.. where one day that him and I are in the same area we just go out ALLLL day and watch a movie, bowl go out to eat.. go shop whatever... but we do that once every few months.. so I gotta get him something GOOD this year!! My dad is a truck driver and his personality is almost exactly like mine haha.. we love practical jokes and we joke ALOT! He's the handy man on that side of the family to (he rebuilt my aunts kitchen and bathrooms) so.. any idears?

A couple years ago I gave my dad and DH the ride of their lives for Father's Day. A 1 hour ride in a WW2 T-6 Texan fighter plane. They had so much fun, even when the pilot did aero-acrobatics!

aww I hope he comes out ok pugmom! Best wishes to you and your dad!

Deda- as cool as that is my dad would puke all over the pilot hahhaha but I a WW2 Musum or something in that genre would be cool.. we both love WW2.. hmm I wonder what I can find in Texas..haha it's also a matter of him being in the area to!! My dad likes NASCAR as well.. he already goes to all the races... :? this is hard!

ChrissyB said:
When is Fathers Day in the US?
Over here, it's in September. Isn't it funny how Mothers Day is the same, but Fathers Day is different?
Our Mother's day is in March and Father's day is in June in the uk!

That is pretty weird... I think I might make my dad dress up and I dress up and take him somewhere nice lol but getting my dad to dress up is like asking for a war to stop in one day... it just doesn't happen lol

Scotch is always a winner (assuming he drinks). Johnny Walker is good and easy to find, any color except red label is fine. Blantan's is a little more expensive than some of the Johnny Walker's but is a great burbon.

donniej said:
Scotch is always a winner (assuming he drinks). Johnny Walker is good and easy to find, any color except red label is fine. Blantan's is a little more expensive than some of the Johnny Walker's but is a great burbon.

You are so right! Last Christmas our Soon-To-Be DIL brought a bottle of Johnnie Blue as a gift for DH. DH, DS and DS's friends spent Christmas night drinking nearly half the bottle and praising our son's choice in women.

That might be the perfect Father's Day present. (assuming he drinks)

he drinks a little bit.. it takes him forever though haha but he drinks every now again.. he's not much of a drinker really... he chews tabacca but that's about it for that aisle.. this is sooooo hard! :evil:

I like to get my dad one of those wine gift baskets because he really likes a good glass of wine. Fortunately enough, both my parents like gift baskets so it'S wine for my dad and chocolate for my mum. :)

Latest posts

Back