Farmer's Market cancelled because of nice weather

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry, Rick. That's too bad. I wonder how many customers showed up during the course of the day because they didn't know about the cancellation. Maybe it you had just went ahead and set up, you might have made some sales. Well, that just sucks. I hope you found something else fun to do with your day.

That sucks, I'm sorry. Bad communication from the organiser, I bet they won't have as many sign up to sell at the next one they do.

Our market was cancelled without notice yesterday due to some weather reports that might have included t-storms. The day was beautiful, sunny and no t storms. Sigh...loaded the rig, drove there, no one was there, no notice....sigh. End of Rant
You were likely in a similar weather pattern to ours (I'm in Kelowna, BC). We had showers and a possibility of thunder showers in our forecast. We did get the showers but, thankfully, no thunderstorms. Our market went ahead and it was a great day for all. The owners of the distillery (this was a special venue market) supplied umbrellas to guests who needed them and people sheltered in the vendor tents. It was awesome!

We did have to cancel one mid market due to sudden high winds that decimated at least one vendor's display (art work, cards, pottery); her tent was destroyed as well. They called that one ; by the time we got home, the sun had come out and the wind storm had moved on. They were right to call it, though.

Latest posts

Back