Face soap for neutral skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
I've been MIA for a while as I'm still resistant to making soap.. but I'm more tired of my liquid face soap and really need to try making my own.

I have pretty neutral skin in that I don't break out and I'm not real sensitive.
Know I want carrot, honey, and possibly a clay like kaolin. I have active charcoal too.

Looked at a recipe to start from but it's crazy high in cleansing. Is that normal for face soaps? It's supposedly a 'best seller'.

24 ounces CO
2 ounces mango
36 ounces OO
12 ounces PKO (I did PK flakes since I have those and they are pretty similar)
10 ounces palm fruit oil ( I did palm.. same number as red palm which is what this is right?)

You do use 10 ounces carrot juice, 2 tsp honey and a few other things like but in very tiny amounts and can't believe it would offset the 29 cleansing number.

Trying to see if this is a good recipe to start with and then change a bit to my liking and make it different. I don't like using other peoples recipes to a T if possible. :)

What is the super fat? That seems way to cleansing, especially for the face. I would try and get the cleansing number down to 10-15 and a SF of 10%

Have you tried your castile on your face? It nice and gentle, so is a 100% lard bar if you are ok with animal fats.

Oy, that is a lot of cleansing oils. I personally would tone down the coconut and palm kernel a bit, even if I had oily skin and acne.

Yeah I know! I'm going to maybe base of my Bastille.
Just not sure if any oils are 'bad' for the face.

Obsidian I am going to try it tomorrow and see.
Thanks!

The only oil I personally can't use on my face is shea butter. But, yeah - 29 cleansing IS way high. Even for acne skin, that'd be too stripping IMO. I'd actually lose the coconut and just use PKO in a facial bar - but a far lesser amount. How about some jojoba or more olive?

The face cleansing bars I made have a cleansing value of 14 and their good for my combination skin. Recipe included chamomile infused OO, CB, CO, PO, AO, evening primrose, and castor. I used both rhassoul clay and green clay and a little EO blend.

Latest posts

Back