Face serum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariflo

Reaction score
I recently tried my hand at a face serum.

I've had problems with my skin for a few years now due to changes in my diet, putting on and losing weight, allergic reactions to dust (there's a building site right next to where I live) ... and so I thought a face serum is a good idea. I used clay masks and salt bars which also helped a great deal but this serum is really what I was looking for.

I am very happy with the results and I thought I'd share my recipe, maybe this will help somebody.

I've been using it for 4 days and there are significant differences, my skin feels tight and very clean, my pores are getting smaller, the blemishes are disappearing and the color is more even. And all this after only 4 days. My skin type is normal to oily.

Enough blabbering, here is what I used:
- 3 ml jojoba oil
- 3 ml argan oil
- 3 ml meadowfoam oil
- 3 drops vitamin A
- 6 drops vitamin E

I use it in the evening before going to bed, after washing my face with my regular soap. I use 5-6 drops and massage it on my face for a minute and then I go to bed. The oily feeling goes away pretty quickly.
I am really happy with the results.

mari :)

mariflo -

Thanks for sharing. I've read safflower oil also helps to minimize pores and if you combine it with evening primrose it helps to rebalance large pored skin.

Where did you get the Vitamin A?

It sounds nice, my only slight concern would be blackhead development over time (four to six months). Sunflower and safflower are great carrier oils for the face since they are noncomedogenic. All those oils sound wonderful too! I'm just adding to the list lol.

Hazel said:
Where did you get the Vitamin A?
I got it at the pharmacy. It's liquid in a little bottle with a screw on pipette.

Healinya said:
It sounds nice, my only slight concern would be blackhead development over time (four to six months).
I guess the only way to find out is to use it for that long and see ;)
I'll let you guys know how the experiment is coming along :)

Hi gratia,
It's been working really well. I use it now only 2-3 times a week, in the evening, after I wash my face with soap.
No blackhead development and the skin is much smoother and even in color.
Sometimes, in the evenings when I don't use the serum I use my whipped shea on my face and neckline (I actually use it all over ... I love that stuff too :oops: ).
I use no other type of moisturiser and I don't feel like I need to, my skin feels naturally ... comfortable 8)
It is really working for me :)

have you researched the oil cleansing method? sounds like you could modify your serum a bit and use it as ocm, which is amazing in terms of results, even for oily skin.

skincaretalk.com has some excellent threads on ocm if you're interested...

Latest posts

Back