face masks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have to wear masks daily and I did order surgical masks but I wanted something pretty. I hate anything up on my face and spent a ridiculous amount of money on a mask with a rendering of Starry Night. I hate it.

I decided I needed lighter fabric because in fabric masks I feel like I can't breath. I ordered some cuts of lawn and chiffon. I read that poly chiffon is great between two layers of cotton. I also ordered some silk because the print was awesome. Fabric done.

Then I spent last weekend watching YouTube to see different kinds of masks.

I finally found a 3D mask that looked like something I could wear. It had a nose wire (I cut the ones from used masks), was off your face, and simple to make.

I made one today and OMG it is the best! It is tight around the face, doesn't fog my glasses, I can breath and it is pretty.

If anyone wants a great mask try this one.

Attachments

• 65E9BF76-E3BC-4B61-924E-44AA738BAA25.jpeg
    65E9BF76-E3BC-4B61-924E-44AA738BAA25.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 29
So I have to wear masks daily and I did order surgical masks but I wanted something pretty. I hate anything up on my face and spent a ridiculous amount of money on a mask with a rendering of Starry Night. I hate it.

I decided I needed lighter fabric because in fabric masks I feel like I can't breath. I ordered some cuts of lawn and chiffon. I read that poly chiffon is great between two layers of cotton. I also ordered some silk because the print was awesome. Fabric done.

Then I spent last weekend watching YouTube to see different kinds of masks.

I finally found a 3D mask that looked like something I could wear. It had a nose wire (I cut the ones from used masks), was off your face, and simple to make.

I made one today and OMG it is the best! It is tight around the face, doesn't fog my glasses, I can breath and it is pretty.

If anyone wants a great mask try this one.

Man...I wish I was good at sewing. This looks terrific. I love the print on yours. Beautiful job!

Thanks for sharing! We recently bought some printed masks, because even in the midst of a pandemic I'm still an environmentalist who hates most disposable items. I was wondering if you have come across any recommendations on how often they should be washed?

Thanks for sharing! We recently bought some printed masks, because even in the midst of a pandemic I'm still an environmentalist who hates most disposable items. I was wondering if you have come across any recommendations on how often they should be washed?
They should be washed after each use. Once I have enough made I can just toss them in the laundry, until then I will hand wash each night.

I use a mesh laundry bag to wash my masks in, with cold water and a hang up to dry. I wash mine after wearing a full day, or after 4 short wears. My daughter washes hers when they begin to smell funky.

Latest posts

Back