Etsy Shop DIY Bath & Body Shop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious really.
I've purchased 6 of the recipes they have on this site and have not had any trouble at all. In fact, I love all of them.

I'm getting ready to grab another and once again I'm faced with the dilemma of buying just the one or getting the discount with purchasing 3 or more. What recipes has everyone purchased? Do any of them stand out as great and you would recommend?

Here are the recipes I have already:
Natural Deodorant Balm Baking Soda Free Vegan Formula
B3/B5 Super Hydrating Gel with Niacinamide Panthenol Hyaluronic Acid Tutorial
Shampoo Bars - Hot Pour
Meltaway Cleansing Balm
Dream Come True Solid Bubble Frosting
Solid Conditioner Bars

I am curious about the Pink Himalayan Salt Purifying Scalp Scrub and Shampoo. I've always heard that Pink Himalayan salt has sharp edges and can easily scratch. Wouldn't that hold true for your scalp as well?

Any and all feedback welcome! :nodding:

The DIY Foaming Bath Butter is one my all-time favorites. I pretty much make just the sugar scrubs, which sell like hotcakes every year at our church's Christmas Boutique.

My other favorite doesn't appear to be for sale any more; it's the Foaming Mud Masque & Cleanser. My understanding was that she was reformulating this, although I'm not sure why, because it's fantastic as written.

The DIY Foaming Bath Butter is one my all-time favorites. I pretty much make just the sugar scrubs, which sell like hotcakes every year at our church's Christmas Boutique.

My other favorite doesn't appear to be for sale any more; it's the Foaming Mud Masque & Cleanser. My understanding was that she was reformulating this, although I'm not sure why, because it's fantastic as written.
Thanks! I was looking at that one too.

It's because not everyone is able to find the Canadian Glacial Clay; she's been trying to find an alternate to that particular ingredient. Also, Sandra has been struggling with health issues, including long Covid.

Just curious really.
I've purchased 6 of the recipes they have on this site and have not had any trouble at all. In fact, I love all of them.

I'm getting ready to grab another and once again I'm faced with the dilemma of buying just the one or getting the discount with purchasing 3 or more. What recipes has everyone purchased? Do any of them stand out as great and you would recommend?

Here are the recipes I have already:
Natural Deodorant Balm Baking Soda Free Vegan Formula
B3/B5 Super Hydrating Gel with Niacinamide Panthenol Hyaluronic Acid Tutorial
Shampoo Bars - Hot Pour
Meltaway Cleansing Balm
Dream Come True Solid Bubble Frosting
Solid Conditioner Bars

I am curious about the Pink Himalayan Salt Purifying Scalp Scrub and Shampoo. I've always heard that Pink Himalayan salt has sharp edges and can easily scratch. Wouldn't that hold true for your scalp as well?

Any and all feedback welcome! :nodding:
Of all of those, the B3/B5 Gel is one of my best sellers and personal favourite. I use it daily and love it! It's fun to make, too. If you're into natural deodorants, I've had good response to that recipe. And, personally, I love the Meltaway Cleansing Balm; it also has a couple of recipes for facial masks and they're fantastic. I use her solid conditioner bar recipe and prefer it to the one I tried from SwiftCraftyMonkey.

It's because not everyone is able to find the Canadian Glacial Clay; she's been trying to find an alternate to that particular ingredient. Also, Sandra has been struggling with health issues, including long Covid.
I'm sorry to hear that she's having health issues. I've really loved everything I've gotten from her shop. I hope she recovers soon.
Of all of those, the B3/B5 Gel is one of my best sellers and personal favourite. I use it daily and love it! It's fun to make, too. If you're into natural deodorants, I've had good response to that recipe. And, personally, I love the Meltaway Cleansing Balm; it also has a couple of recipes for facial masks and they're fantastic. I use her solid conditioner bar recipe and prefer it to the one I tried from SwiftCraftyMonkey.
Thanks @Misschief ! I have not tried the serum yet, but it sounds like maybe I should move it up a few notches on my to-do list.

I've made the deodorant with a few tweaks and it's amazing. I've been playing around with it for a while now trying to get it just a bit more solid with good glide ... it's been a lengthy work-in-progress. Hopefully it will come together soon.

I really like the cleansing balm, although I've only tried the basic so far.

Re the solid conditioner bar, I like that too. I don't have a basis of comparison, as I tried it before I experimented with others and liked it enough not to go further. I don't like a super heavy conditioner, and I thought this was good in that respect.
Thanks @not_ally! I bought that with every intention of making it asap to go with my shampoo bars. Sadly, "asap" has not yet arrived. Glad to hear you like it. I don't like heavy conditioners either so it sounds like it will be great when I get to it.

I only have 2, but I love them both. The Lotion and Cream super concentrate, and the Fruit Smoothie lip scrub that has a bonus lip serum recipe.
Thanks @dmcgee5034 ! I will be purchasing the Lotion/Cream recipe in just a few minutes! The lip scrub looks great too. That just might make the list along with the foaming bath butter!

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback! :nodding:

@Kcryss, I just realized that I misread your post about the recipes. Those are the recipes you already have.

Of the ones you don't have, the Foaming Bath Butter is one I would consider a must-have. I have a friend who can't use soap; she breaks out in a rash every time. She uses the Bath Butter I make for her; her bf ordered six tubs of it for her for Christmas. My daughter loves it for her skin but uses it as a shampoo (it's the right pH for hair). She prefers it to the shampoo she normally buys. It can be used as a whipped soap as well as a sugar scrub and it comes together easily.

The Fruit Smoothies Lip Scrub is one of my better sellers at the market. It also includes a recipe for SOS Lip serum; it's a great lip balm and it's awesome as a cuticle treatment, too. I have several customers who get pretty excited when they see this item on my table.

@Kcryss, I just realized that I misread your post about the recipes. Those are the recipes you already have.

Of the ones you don't have, the Foaming Bath Butter is one I would consider a must-have. I have a friend who can't use soap; she breaks out in a rash every time. She uses the Bath Butter I make for her; her bf ordered six tubs of it for her for Christmas. My daughter loves it for her skin but uses it as a shampoo (it's the right pH for hair). She prefers it to the shampoo she normally buys. It can be used as a whipped soap as well as a sugar scrub and it comes together easily.

The Fruit Smoothies Lip Scrub is one of my better sellers at the market. It also includes a recipe for SOS Lip serum; it's a great lip balm and it's awesome as a cuticle treatment, too. I have several customers who get pretty excited when they see this item on my table.
Glad to hear the bath butter is a hit! I bought it last night along with the scalp scrub and lotion base. Now I'll have to go back and get the Fruit Smoothie lip scrub! lol

It's been a while since I have looked at any other places for recipes, I know about SwiftCraftMonkey, who else are you chatting about?

This thread is about the Etsy store, DIY Bath & Body.
Thanks, Misschief! Looked at the site and am going to purchase the lip balm recipe and see how it works with another butter I have because I can't use beeswax in any of my recipes as it dries out my skin. I have found out over the years that a lot of folks that are allergic to bees have the same problem, was surprised!

Latest posts

Back