Etsy shop and Farmer's Market question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapGrove

Reaction score
Anyone have an etsy shop but do Farmer's Markets for a little while during the year? I am going to be doing a Farmer's Market every other Sunday this summer and into fall. I am wondering if I should close my etsy shop at this time. I am a very small company and each batch is unique and usually what I feel to make for that day. So whatever is available, is available. I don't have one that I keep making unless custom order. Should I close my etsy shop for a while once farmer's market starts? I don't want to run out of product!

I'm so confused!!!

So I just recently started making soaps and selling some. I was wondering if I had to write any special forms or anything like that yet??

So I just recently started making soaps and selling some. I was wondering if I had to write any special forms or anything like that yet??

Ebony, I would start another thread with your question. Also, there are some Stickied Posts about selling that are worth a read too.

To the OP, I am with Carty - If people are buying from Etsy but you close it down until the market season is over, do you really expect people to come back to it once you open it again?

Keep both going and increase production if needed.

I agree with the other posters. If you have customers on Etsy I wouldn't shut it down but would increase production. Also, if you aren't making the same soaps available again once they are gone that too cold affect your return customers. I have customers that purchase the same soaps and other B&B time and time again and if I didn't carry it they would go elsewhere.

I agree with the other posters. If you have customers on Etsy I wouldn't shut it down but would increase production. Also, if you aren't making the same soaps available again once they are gone that too cold affect your return customers. I have customers that purchase the same soaps and other B&B time and time again and if I didn't carry it they would go elsewhere.
I also have customers that usually buy the same fragranced soap. Although my recipes may change I do keep my regular, best selling, soaps the same.
I would certainly not shut down your Etsy Shop. You would be closing a sales avenue. As mentioned, step-up production and hold back a few of each for online sales. Not sure where you live but here in So California farmer maket sales are down considerably from last year. The competition for soap sales is brutal, especially online and Etsy

Back