essential oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmg1177

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie with soap and was wondering if you can use any kind of essential oils? Like aromatherapy ones,etc..

When I was doing m/p, I used eo's and fo's. You can use either one. I also used cocoa, oatmeal, cinnamon for scent too. Have fun :D

fo stands for fragrance oil.

a fragrance oil can be made up of a mixture of essential oils, synthetic scents, or even could be all one or the other.

i'm having a "thing" with my sister, who i plan to make soap with. she is into earthy, and i'm into what smells good. she is stuck on essential oils, and is being kind of snobby to my fragrance oils. i have read that some essential oils are technically worse than some fragrance oils, due to the extraction techniques/compounds used to extract the oils. not that i believe either is bad for you, really, but relatively speaking.....

I think you right Saltysteele l read that a lot of people are allergic to essential oils but usually not Fragrance oils .Could be something to do with the concentration of the base ingredient. :?

Hi ,you really need to make sure your fragrance oils are safe for use on SKIN. You don't want to use a fragrance meant for candles in your soap as it may be way to harsh for skin. If your noy sure of what your useing check with where you purchased it and ask them if it is skin safe. :)

what?

hmp i was notable to understand your question my friend :D howevr i will answer you with the best answer i can give so as to help you with your problem :lol:
Adding essential oils onto your soap is really a brilliant idea.
One the most popular essential oil that you can obtain nowadays is the rose oil. It was produced coming from the petals of Rosa damascena and Rosa centifolia. You can consider this particular essential oil to add in your soap :D

Correction :D

It was not notable it's not able :D :lol:

hmp i was notable to understand your question my friend Very Happy howevr i will answer you with the best answer i can give so as to help you with your problem Laughing
Adding essential oils onto your soap is really a brilliant idea.
One the most popular essential oil that you can obtain nowadays is the rose oil. It was produced coming from the petals of Rosa damascena and Rosa centifolia. You can consider this particular essential oil to add in your soap

In addition for that, there are also some essential oils which can make you relax. Each essential oil has their own distinct properties such as with Jasmines which can help you a lot when you are feeling down..

Latest posts

Back