Essential Oils for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

May1

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to soap making and I would like to know if Ginger Lily Essential Oil is suitable for Cold Process Soap.

Thank You

I was just looking at Ginger Lily EO the other day... can't seem to find it now. :( Do you have a source for it?

I would like to know if Ginger Lily Essential Oil is suitable for Cold Process Soap.
From what I've read so far, it's main use is in perfume so adding it to lotion or other leave-on application might be the best way to go. How you would take that EO and bolster it to survive saponification is the challenge. Like all EOs, some soap better than others and come through the process A-OK. Most dissipate after 6 months or so with a few exceptions. :(That's why I stopped using EOs to scent soap and turned to FOs for a more satisfactory result.

You could try adding it to a compatible FO like this one to boost its staying power. If you try it, I'm interested to hear how it works for you.

I had a perfume with Ginger Lily fragrance, and I loved the smell, that's why I thought it would have been good in soap. That combination that you are suggesting sounds very interesting. Thank you for letting me know.

I had a perfume with Ginger Lily fragrance, and I loved the smell, that's why I thought it would have been good in soap. That combination that you are suggesting sounds very interesting. Thank you for letting me know.
You're welcome. I know what you mean about the fragrance. When we lived in Hong Kong, the Ginger Lily was my favorite flower and I could hardly wait until it came in season . The fragrance filled the flat but it was not overwhelming or cloying. Just a lovely scent.

Back