Looking for woody essential oil blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there everyone ,

I was wondering is anyone is willing to share some woodsy essential oil blends .

I’m trying to come up with a nice scent for one of my soaps .

It would be nice to pick everyone brain and get some help .

😁

Hmmm this isn’t very helpful and not what you wanted to hear. I haven’t had much luck getting eo scent to stick in lye based cold process soap. Fragrance blends are (for me) much more successful. CandleScience has a woody fragrance called Tonka and Oud. It will discolor soap. The scent sticks well in cp soap. It is an excellent woody note imho. Edited to add pics of a soap I made using Tonka and Oud. FYI. I also add dark unsweetened chocolate to melted oils. I love the way it darkens the soap. It also seems to give the soap a very rich feel on the lather. And yes the chocolate does stain light washcloths. I use chocolate colored wash clothes with the chocolate soap.
https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/tonka-and-oud-fragrance-oil/

Attachments

• IMG_5057.jpeg
    IMG_5057.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5056.jpeg
    IMG_5056.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5055.jpeg
    IMG_5055.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hmmm this isn’t very helpful and not what you wanted to hear. I haven’t had much luck getting eo scent to stick in lye based cold process soap. Fragrance blends are (for me) much more successful. CandleScience has a woody fragrance called Tonka and Oud. It will discolor soap. The scent sticks well in cp soap. It is an excellent woody note imho. Edited to add pics of a soap I made using Tonka and Oud. FYI. I also add dark unsweetened chocolate to melted oils. I love the way it darkens the soap. It also seems to give the soap a very rich feel on the lather. And yes the chocolate does stain light washcloths. I use chocolate colored wash clothes with the chocolate soap.
https://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/tonka-and-oud-fragrance-oil/
Thank you . Unfortunately I only use eo . Soap looks great ! Super cool

I like this one, smells like a forest:
Equal parts eucalyptus, fir needle, peppermint, cedarwood, rosemary essential oils
@Zing-this blend is amazing! I made a batch last week after mixing the EOs and letting them blend for a couple of weeks. After cutting I could smell mostly eucalyptus and peppermint, but now at a week and half into curing the fir needle and cedarwood are coming to the fore and it’s absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Attachments

• IMG_8295.jpeg
    IMG_8295.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
@Zing-this blend is amazing! I made a batch last week after mixing the EOs and letting them blend for a couple of weeks. After cutting I could smell mostly eucalyptus and peppermint, but now at a week and half into curing the fir needle and cedarwood are coming to the fore and it’s absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing!
I’ll have to try it

Right??!!

Are you guys from Canada ?

Voyageur and new direction aromatics is good also
I am in the US and order from them, as well, along with Camden Grey. All of them provide quality products at reasonable prices. It's always worth cross-checking the prices with shipping, since it can vary significantly depending on who has a sale going.

Latest posts

Back