EO blending ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clynn58

Reaction score
Thinking of blending sandalwood, sweet orange, and cedar together. Any ideas on the ratio for this to be awesome. Thnaks

Just a reminder, cedar is known to accelerate trace and can seize a batch if used in excess. When you first try it, use a recipe that you don't mind not having swirls or patterns in - that way if you don't have time it won't really matter. If however it works well and you can keep a thin or medium trace... all the better! Remember to make notes either way, especially the oils and amounts and the eo's and amounts.

Good luck to you!

I bought an essential oil burner at my local health food store. It uses a tea light candle and has a small dish on top. When I want to test a blend, I fill the dish with water, add my EO's in the desired ratio, and let the fragrance fill the air. A tea light lasts about 3 hours, and that is a good time to tell if the blend works as expected. If not, I tweak and try again. No more guessing with toothpicks or cotton balls!

Good luck!

Back