Embedding M&P Into CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koshka

Reaction score
Hi guys!

A couple of weeks ago I've read a post on SMF by TVivian about Soaptopia soaps http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=38184&highlight=soaptopia

I found the concept of embedding M&P into CP so interesting that I have decided to experiment myself.

Used my regular soap recipe, with 35 % water discount. Did lower temp soaping for CP part. Poured M&P when it was becoming gooey. Added fragrance to both M&P and CP. I have decided to go with Grapefruit Essential Oil only, since it's a very difficult scent to anchor in CP and I wanted to see how strong/weak the scent would come out. Soap came out smelling great and even after a few weeks of curing,it's still very strong due to M&P, I believe. So, here's the picture of my "freak of nature" :)

CAM00371[2].jpg

Hi guys!

A couple of weeks ago I've read a post on SMF by TVivian about Soaptopia soaps http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=38184&highlight=soaptopia

I found the concept of embedding M&P into CP so interesting that I have decided to experiment myself.

Used my regular soap recipe, with 35 % water discount. Did lower temp soaping for CP part. Poured M&P when it was becoming gooey. Added fragrance to both M&P and CP. I have decided to go with Grapefruit Essential Oil only, since it's a very difficult scent to anchor in CP and I wanted to see how strong/weak the scent would come out. Soap came out smelling great and even after a few weeks of curing,it's still very strong due to M&P, I believe. So, here's the picture of my "freak of nature" :)

That looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Looks great!!!! I was inspired by Soaptopia too and have been using a bit of M&P in some of my batches as well! It's easy to scent and color and just a little adds such a decorative element to CP. I'm so glad you were inspired

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I love this so much, I think I'm going to start implementing these into my product line! Now I can have great, lathering soaps with excellent scent! I am really not a big fan of M&P, because of the lack of lather, and the fact that they don't feel the same on my skin. But a lot of my customers want fancy, strongly scented soaps with exotic fragrances. I tried HP method and rebatching, but I couldn't mass produce the bars, and this method makes my life so much easier! woot! You should post pictures, I would love to see your soaps as well :)

Looks great!!!! I was inspired by Soaptopia too and have been using a bit of M&P in some of my batches as well! It's easy to scent and color and just a little adds such a decorative element to CP. I'm so glad you were inspired

I love this so much, I think I'm going to start implementing these into my product line! Now I can have great, lathering soaps with excellent scent! I am really not a big fan of M&P, because of the lack of lather, and the fact that they don't feel the same on my skin. But a lot of my customers want fancy, strongly scented soaps with exotic fragrances. I tried HP method and rebatching, but I couldn't mass produce the bars, and this method makes my life so much easier! woot! You should post pictures, I would love to see your soaps as well :)

I have Koshka! They're in the photo gallery!

Derp! I've just seen your post lol. They all look so beautiful :) I think both you and I are hooked on this process lol!

I have Koshka! They're in the photo gallery!

That does look pretty! and it helps retain scent! I am seriously thinking about learning M&P and see how I can do something similar. Gotta go read up on M&P.........

It's super easy! Much easier than CP imho :)

That does look pretty! and it helps retain scent! I am seriously thinking about learning M&P and see how I can do something similar. Gotta go read up on M&P.........

That looks wonderful. I have used m&p embeds in cp soap because they are quicker to prepare, and I love the vibrant color you get from m&p. The swirl is delightful. When you hold these soaps up to light, they kind of look like stained glass.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Soap Making mobile app

That is beautiful.. I have done it with red and green MP shreds in a christmas soap, it looked like melted jujubes..lol

When/how do you incorporate the M&P?

I like the embed idea, do you make the MP the day before and then cut it or shred it to add to the CP?

I love this idea. I've seen Tvivian and have loved her work! A little color and scent anchor...what is not to love!

I posted earlier that I liked this, then I pulled out some soap that I made in January. There is a slight problem, cp soap likes to be dry while glycerin attracts moisture, so be careful adding too big of glycerin imbeds because they "weep". My soaps were sticky and wet looking around the glycerin.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Soap Making mobile app

I live in an inland suburb of Los Angeles and the climate here is dry, dry, dry.. I have not experienced any of the problems with humidity on soap (weeping salt bars, sweaty M&P, paper tissue and wrapping sticking to soap) that I read about others having on this forum... So this technique may only be well suited to certain climates. I'm not entirely sure. There are "non sweating" M&P soap bases available but I've not tried them.

Sorry guys, it took a while for me to respond, been super busy with Christmas season coming.

When/how do you incorporate the M&P?

I melt M&P, so while it's doing it's melting thing, I start mixing lye into oils. By the time CP traces, my M&P is ready to go. So, I start by pouring a bit of CP into the mold, then I pour a bit of M&P, then CP again and so on. Basically you can do the same swirl effect as if you'd be doing CP layered soap.

I live in an inland suburb of Los Angeles and the climate here is dry, dry, dry.. I have not experienced any of the problems with humidity on soap (weeping salt bars, sweaty M&P, paper tissue and wrapping sticking to soap) that I read about others having on this forum... So this technique may only be well suited to certain climates. I'm not entirely sure. There are "non sweating" M&P soap bases available but I've not tried them.

From my experience, and I live in Florida, I haven't had that much sweating in my M&P. I use SFIC bases.

I like the embed idea, do you make the MP the day before and then cut it or shred it to add to the CP?

Soapsense, I mix my liquid M&P into CP, kinda like layered swirls. Just make sure M&P mixture is not too hot or it will sink to the bottom. And pop your mold into a freezer after you're done pouring. I'm currently experimenting with embeds and they are pretty easy to do. Just insert them into your CP soap as you go.

Latest posts

Back