Egg Yolk in Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cg_lem

Reaction score
I've heard that egg yolk (sans egg white and even the membrane around the yolk) can be great in a shampoo bar.

Who here has done this?

I'm wondering how to adjust my recipe to account for the weight of the egg yolk-- do I weigh it and remove that much of, say, the olive oil?

(Already planning on blending in the yolk with a bit of the oils and lye mixture, to kind of "temper" it, and then blending that back in with this batch.)

Would love to hear from anyone who's done anything like this-- looking for tippers as well as what kind of results you had! :)

- Cathy

Thank you, Isg. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'm making note of what you and Lindy shared. Chickens are one of the animals we've got on our farm-- so we've got PLENTY of eggs!

Did your soap turn out well, that you used egg in? Did you make it RTCP? I've not done that yet. . . . .

- Cathy

I made my soap the regular cold process method. My soap turned out well. I used a citrus essential oil blend to cover the sulfur scent that this soap has at first. The sulfur smell disipates as the soap cures.

Latest posts

Back