Drying rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, as dibbles said. In my beginning I put my soap on baking racks to cure. They got yellow lines on the bottoms from the reaction to the metal. We learn when we encounter a problem.

Yes, as dibbles said. In my beginning I put my soap on baking racks to cure. They got yellow lines on the bottoms from the reaction to the metal. We learn when we encounter a problem.

It's even better when we learn from someone else's mistakes ;)

I'll be adding a barrier between the metal/soap when I get home today. Thanks guys!

This is how the landfills get full. I would prefer to use something that can be reused.
We all have our preferences and the paper I purchase is Compostable, so I really see no problems using it. Where I live constantly washing dishes and miscellaneous items is bad due to drought situations. On Catalina Island restaurants are not allowed to use anything other than paper plates for serving so reserve water.

Can someone explain to me why we need to put something under the soap instead of placing it directly on the rack? :)
Wood racks will absorb the moisture from your soap and some woods will discolor from the lye in the soap. Direct contact with metal racks contributes to dos and I find plastic racks leave marks on new soaps. Plastic racks would be the only type rack I would deem safe for directly setting soap on

We all have our preferences and the paper I purchase is Compostable, so I really see no problems using it. Where I live constantly washing dishes and miscellaneous items is bad due to drought situations. On Catalina Island restaurants are not allowed to use anything other than paper plates for serving so reserve water.

I see I got the wrong impression from you saying you just throw them away.

Latest posts

Back