Dried Rosemary ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic1963

Reaction score
I have got some Rosemary Spearmint oil tha tI am wanting to soap, I also have some dried rosemary.

Is it rosemary that looks like mouse poop after the soap cures ? or something else?

Someone here made a soap with an herb that they had soaked in water , hoping it would stay green . I think it was AshleyR , hopefully she will pop in and let us know how it went .

I made a peppermint tea that stayed green , but everything else has died a slow painful brown death in the soap.

Kitn

can't you add dried parsley as imitation rosemary? i think i read somewhere here that it doesn't turn brown and that is why so many soaps with mint also have parsley

Kitn said:
Someone here made a soap with an herb that they had soaked in water , hoping it would stay green . I think it was AshleyR , hopefully she will pop in and let us know how it went .

I made a peppermint tea that stayed green , but everything else has died a slow painful brown death in the soap.

Kitn

I know soapforbreakfast did this, there must be a post somewhere!

i made my rosemary and mint (which i LOVE the smell of) mixed with rosemary powder from WSP. it didn't discolor any, but is powder, not actual bits and pieces.

however, all the rosemary i've seen has little sticky-kind of things, and would probably be pretty scratchy, as opposed to exfolliating.

I ended up using dried Mint.......so far it don't look anymore like mousepoop now than it did when I put it in.

I am NOT a mint person....smells to much like denture cleaner. LOL.

Heres something that could help ya....

Try adding a dried spring of whatever herb is in the soap pressed into the top of it before it really hardens up (this is after you cut bars... your going to press it into whatever side you want your customers to see ...assuming you are selling it...

As far as what to do to not make it look like mousepoop... Whenever I add any herbs to my soaps that I dont want to be a big problem I always make sure I grind them up...when I worked in the restaurant industry I made an axiom (sp?).."finer=flavor"...relating to how fine to chop herbs to throw into a sauce (was working at an Italian place at one time... for friggin Moussalini).... My theory is the more surface area of the herb you can expose the better.... so i put the dried herb into a coffee grinder...pzzzzsshhhzzz psszzzhhhzz ppppppppppppzzzzzzzzzzzzssssshhhhhhhz...... lol and vole'!

This way you never get customers complaining about what is this black thing stuck to my ____(insert whatever body part you wish)________________

I used dried mint and rosemary. The rosemary was infused with the olive oil and the dried mint was added before moulding to give a green colour. I've never tried adding dried rosemary before.

i was wondering if you soaked lavender buds in boiling water and let dry, if they would retain their color as nicely as the mint did......i need to try that.....
i'ts been a number of weeks and my spearmint has retained it's nice green color, no hint of brown what so ever!

Latest posts

Back