DOS Paranoia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks for all of the responses!

I actually do prefer not to use animal fats in my recipes. I understand that limits me somewhat, but I'm just more comfortable with vegetable oils.

I think I will start by experimenting with substituting small percentages of high oleic safflower & sunflower oil, because that's what's most readily available to me.

thanks,

I'm experimenting with both, ROE and T-50, to see which one works best for me. I'm thinking for label appeal, Rosemary Oil Extract sounds less scary than Tocopherol-something-or-another. I know people put Vitamin E in parentheses behind it but when I first started seeing it, my mind just naturally skimmed past it and thought it was some hard-to-pronounce chemical or something. So I can only imagine what my future customers will think. Perhaps I'll start running it past my testers now to see which they'd prefer to see on a label.

Thanks for the great discussion on this topic.

zeo

Yes, but there doesn't seem to be a clear determination whether T-50 has the same results as straight Vitamin E. Since there are soapers on here who have had good results with it, I'm giving it a shot.

zeo

What exactly is T-50? Do you add it to your oils as you receive them? Or to each batch?
Grapessed extract is quite (read very) expensive over here, so I haven't tried it, but I have bought Vit.E capsules and used those in separate batches once or twice. I wondered how much survived the lye.

Latest posts

Back