DOS on dark soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzie

Reaction score
Does anyone have some examples of DOS on a dark colored soap they could share? I haven't been able to find any online regarding what it would look like on say a black or dark brown soap. I saw a couple spots of DOS on soaps I made in December, but all of those soaps are light enough to see the spots on them. I have a couple of dark colored soaps from that same time and want to know what to look for (if DOS shows differently) as time goes on. Thanks!

No pictures, but if you see oil beading in spots well after cure it's probably got DOS (in my experience). Plus the smell is the same light or dark soap (like rancil cooking oil)

Thanks :) I have one dark brown soap that was fragranced with a chocolate fo, it looks fine to me, but there are dark pin prick size dots that could be mica that wasn't fully incorporated, fo collections of DOS, there's no rancid smell which is a good thing. This soap did take a while to get hard compared to another made the same day, same recipe but different fo. I will post a pic of a bar tomorrow for review and see what you think :)

Back