Does every recipee need testing?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryweryn

Reaction score
Hi does every recipe in the UK need to be tested or can you test one and then change :-?the colour or scent of it? Or would it need testing again?
Thanks again!

I was in touch with one company who would test one basic recipe, but allow eight variations, i.e. different colours

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Sorry, 8 different colour and fragrance combinations.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I am looking at this too. It seems now with the new regs each product needs a test and a report. It is very limiting when it comes to creativity as one cant introduce a new design after the 8 variation is done without buying a new package! Im talking about soaps here.

Thanks,
Porumi

If you are in Europe you require a safety assessment and they will include as many colourants and fragrances/essential oils as you would like. You will require a SA for everything you make to sell. Then you will need to register your products through the portal.

Scott at http://www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com/ is a wonderful man and from what I understand is one of the preferred Safety Assessors.....

Last edited:
Back