Does cold process soap melt in the sun

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnat

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question concerning selling soap at the market. Can cold process soap melt????? I live in Switzerland so the tempertures are never really that hot. But in a sunny spot on the market someone asked me if I wasn't worried about my soap melting.
Good question.

Before I started selling, I too wanted to know the melting point of my bars. I parked my car in direct sunlight, all day, on a 95 degree day with the windows up and the bars in the trunk. Checked them about 4 PM and found, while warm and slightly more pliable, they had not melted or disfigured.

CP & HP soap won't melt at regular market temperatures where you live, unless global warming goes amuck very very quickly. MP Soap probably won't either, although I suspect it might in an extremely hot climate.

I suggest you visit some open air markets and check out the soaps on display. That should alleviate your worries.

Hey!
Am a soaper from Sri Lanka.
our climate is very tropical and hot and it gets super humid on rainy days and it’s hard to hard to cure soaps coz i basically live in a humid jungle type of place.
So on sunny days, i cure my soaps in the sun. It gets up to 3-35° On a very hot day and my soaps turn out great!
I keep them out for a few hours and get very hard and the fragrance’s doesn’t fade or the soap colours so far. The soap dont melt or turn bad.. they actually get really hard and lighter.. i guess they loose their water weight pretty soon.
but even so, i do this only for the first few days, then i keep them in for the rest of the 4 weeks.
my soaps used to sweat so much that they get yucky to touch and ruin the packaging at times.. but now they are so beautiful hard and perfect!
hope this helps!
P.s.
my oils include olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil

Latest posts

Back